Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1501 - 1520 of 1550 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
There is definitely a backlog of all immigration (including ID book) related process due to the Covid at DHA.

One more thing, even if you are only married and registered in SA, DHA will still contact your home country to verify your marriage status there and see if you are married with someone else in your home country.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is definitely a backlog of all immigration (including ID book) related process due to the Covid at DHA.

One more thing, even if you are only married and registered in SA, DHA will still contact your home country to verify your marriage status there and see if you are married with someone else in your home country.
ya its all because of too many scam marriages, making the process longer. DHA need to thoroughly check.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thank you. Yours should be out soon. I am married mine will probably take a while.
At Barack they said they might be having a backlog at receiving dept at Head Office.
With regards to ID number she said it might change, it happens
But smart ID take one to two weeks to come out. The time i want to apply i was alone applaying that green id book, they just liying about backlog

·
Registered
151 Posts
But smart ID take one to two weeks to come out. The time i want to apply i was alone applaying that green id book, they just liying about backlog
Smart ID is for citizens only. We, permanent residents, can only apply for ID book.

We are in the immigration section, not civil application process. Totally two different categories, and processing by two different groups of people.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Smart ID is for citizens only. We, permanent residents, can only apply for ID book.

We are in the immigration section, not civil application process. Totally two different categories, and processing by two different groups of people.
Yes correct, but it not because of backlog, we don't get ID book on time, they is not much people having PRP because it been freezing out for one year and 3 months now,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ha wish I had read this before waiting 2.5 hours in line @ DHA Bronkhorstspruit...they could not help me there as they were short staffed that day, AND more importantly it is a smart ID only office. So I need to get to a regular large DHA office...

The home Affairs office in my are are quite rude, when my wife went to register our marriage years ago she was in line outside ( before Covid) for a long time before being told they were closed due to "technical issue" that was a sham. ( they decided to take the day off as the next day was a holiday... this was the inspiration for the KFC commercial?)

The worst part of that was my wife's Jetta was stolen right there...again this was almost 3 years ago...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ha wish I had read this before waiting 2.5 hours in line @ DHA Bronkhorstspruit...they could not help me there as they were short staffed that day, AND more importantly it is a smart ID only office. So I need to get to a regular large DHA office...

The home Affairs office in my are are quite rude, when my wife went to register our marriage years ago she was in line outside ( before Covid) for a long time before being told they were closed due to "technical issue" that was a sham. ( they decided to take the day off as the next day was a holiday... this was the inspiration for the KFC commercial?)

The worst part of that was my wife's Jetta was stolen right there...again this was almost 3 years ago...
Home affairs don't help PRP ID. It blocked at pretoria when you called they will tell you call after 2 weeks, after two weeks then you call again they again two weeks.
Me i give up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Applied 23 march collected today based on critical skills prp unmarried. no sms received, contact centre confirmed after calling that it was finalised last week. Saw few other ID books gathering dust there

·
Registered
70 Posts
Good news i did
Applied 23 march collected today based on critical skills prp unmarried. no sms received, contact centre confirmed after calling that it was finalised last week. Saw few other ID books gathering dust there
Apply on 11th march no maried last week i call they said mu

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congratulations. We tried to apply in my area and we were told that , the regional office needs to secure a verification from HQ first. Did you also experience the same where you applied for your ID . REGARDS

·
Registered
27 Posts
I called the HA call center today, the agent says my application is at finger print section.

Is finger print section before marriage section or after?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did your regional office apply for another verification from Head Office before you submitted your application?
I have no idea, I submitted the original verification and she gave me copy. I called again today the agent says my application is at finger print section. She wasn't sure about marriage sections

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sobodla, which regional office did you use

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi thank you for your message, i did received my ID yesterday, i applied on 11 march 2021
Single, PRP under skills
Congratulations Dmulembo. Did your regional office went through the process of acquiring a second verification from Head Office. Or you applied with the verification which came together with your PRP.

1501 - 1520 of 1550 Posts