Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 1550 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody knows when will get a SMS for ID application basing on PR?

is that happened after the verification on the PR from PTA head office or
as soon as you applied at any DHA office?

how long could expect for non-citizenship ID book?

thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
You will only receive an SMS with reference number when they capture you application in the system, that is after they verified your PR from Pretoria.

One wonders though why they can just look into the system for such a simple process.

The verification should take 2 weeks but they are taking 4 months to do just that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Applied mine on 11th april no sms yet. But I have the ref number when I applied in the cpt office. I chk the ref thru the call centre. It dispatched to pta for processing but they didn't received it yet. How about yours?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I called the HA call center and they couldn't give me the reference number. When you called them did they ask you your passport number or PR number?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I called the HA call center and they couldn't give me the reference number. When you called them did they ask you your passport number or PR number?
I didn't get the ref number from call centre. I gt it from the office of application immediately when I applied for ID. The application form have a bar coded number that becomes your ref number. Its start with 000... .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didn't get the ref number from call centre. I gt it from the office of application immediately when I applied for ID. The application form have a bar coded number that becomes your ref number. Its start with 000... .

it is interesting. how your application form have a barcode?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi there, did u gt ur ref number yet? I have received the sms yesterday with the same ref number.
Hi there,

How do I proceed to do the verification of PR before applying for the ID?I'm going on Friday to collect my PR certificate and I have no clues on how to proceed. The immigration practitioner is charging me for it, so if I can do it myself I would appreciate some help? Thanks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi there,

How do I proceed to do the verification of PR before applying for the ID?I'm going on Friday to collect my PR certificate and I have no clues on how to proceed. The immigration practitioner is charging me for it, so if I can do it myself I would appreciate some help? Thanks.
The IDs Section will do it for you. Just take a note of the barcode number on your ID application form before you submit. It is on the page that has your fingerprints and your picture. This will be your reference number.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Applied on april still no SMS last update from the call centre says an ID number has been created already on 30th may and they send the application to paper processing dept. I must contact with office of application to get the ID number.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Applied on april still no SMS last update from the call centre says an ID number has been created already on 30th may and they send the application to paper processing dept. I must contact with office of application to get the ID number.

how the call centre traced down your application without a reference number?

·
Registered
15 Posts
how long should wait for the ID coming through once you get the SMS?
Anytime, I mean 2 weeks, 1 month and even 1 year. If you want to speed up the process I would suggest to call the call center, give them your reference number and then ask them for your call reference number after you're done talking to them. If you call the call center, they will log your call and they will send your call details to the person in charge of processing your ID; and this will push him or her to speed up your application. I don't understand why they take so long; a week should be enough.

·
Registered
15 Posts
... and don't forget to call the call center every 2 weeks and ask for a call reference number every time you're done talking to them. Good luck! It worked for me to get my PR in 3 months after I started calling the call center and now I am waiting for my ID. I called the call center every 2 weeks and yesterday they told me that my ID number has been created and sent for printing, but when I asked for a reference number, the call center operator told me his system was down[LIAR]. :mad:

·
Registered
70 Posts
... and don't forget to call the call center every 2 weeks and ask for a call reference number every time you're done talking to them. Good luck! It worked for me to get my PR in 3 months after I started calling the call center and now I am waiting for my ID. I called the call center every 2 weeks and yesterday they told me that my ID number has been created and sent for printing, but when I asked for a reference number, the call center operator told me his system was down[LIAR]. :mad:

Yes it was down. They was busy upgrading the software nationwide.

1 - 20 of 1550 Posts