Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everyone.

I would just like to ask. Let's say after I get married there will only be 2mos left on my fiance visa. I am worried that I won't have enough time to change name from maiden to married for requesting for change of maiden to married on embassy of my country in london will take 8-12 weeks...

1. I have read that the Home Office only accepts application 8 weeks prior to the expiration of fiance visa and application most probably not be accepted it if it isn't 8 months prior. is this true?

2. What would be the best way to handle the situation?

A.) would it be better to apply for FLR-M first and later do the paperworks to changing name on passport and then requesting for TOC for BRP?

B.) or I should change my name to married name first on my passport before applying for FLR-M?

3. there is another thing i worry about that there is a part in BRP guidelines but I dont know to which it applies to that you must change your BRP withing 3mos or you will be fined of 1000gbp

Thank you :)

·
Super Moderator
18,071 Posts
Hi, everyone.

I would just like to ask. Let's say after I get married there will only be 2mos left on my fiance visa. I am worried that I won't have enough time to change name from maiden to married for requesting for change of maiden to married on embassy of my country in london will take 8-12 weeks...

1. I have read that the Home Office only accepts application 8 weeks prior to the expiration of fiance visa and application most probably not be accepted it if it isn't 8 months prior. is this true?

No. You can apply anytime after you marry and have all your paperwork.

2. What would be the best way to handle the situation?

A.) would it be better to apply for FLR-M first and later do the paperworks to changing name on passport and then requesting for TOC for BRP?

B.) or I should change my name to married name first on my passport before applying for FLR-M?
There us no requirement that your visa must be in your married name. Not everyone changes their name after marriage. What is most common is to change your passport when you get closer to applying for the 2nd FLR (M).

3. there is another thing i worry about that there is a part in BRP guidelines but I dont know to which it applies to that you must change your BRP withing 3mos or you will be fined of 1000gbp
If you do change your passport after you apply for and receive FLR (M) you must apply to change your BRP within 3 months or you could be fined.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.