Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Gulf News, well it would appear that everyone (bar a Luxemburger and a Jordanian) think financially secure is the most important.

Probably why I'm single then!

Strangely enough, not one mentioned love...

So what is/was yours?

·
Banned
598 Posts
love
respect
compasion
affection
understanding
emotional(not cold)

Love is..

...the feeling of being whole because of the mere existence of the other

...yearning for a new day because you know you will spend it with the other person

...an emotional attachment to someone or something almost as if to keep you alive

...the bearer of the continuous appearance of a smile on your face without you even realizing it

...the sudden adrenalin rush you feel at the mere thought of the other

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
love
respect
compasion
affection
understanding
emotional(not cold)

Love is..

...yearning for a new day because you know you will spend it with the other person

...an emotional attachment to someone or something almost as if to keep you alive

...the bearer of the continuous appearance of a smile on your face without you even realizing it

very romantic and very true

·
Registered
182 Posts
At the end of the day it all boils down to one thing and one thing only and that's "needs".

Let's not fool ourselves and let's be grown-up adults for a change!!

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At the end of the day it all boils down to one thing and one thing only and that's "needs".

Let's not fool ourselves and let's be grown-up adults for a change!!

Romance is not dead in the Rodders household is it?

Animals have needs, people have (generally) risen above basic needs.

A bit like swans!

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
I need not to be required to cook, clean, and do womenly duties... even if I will do some of it, I cant be told I have to do it. Maybe this is the bad american corrupted women in me, as my japanese step grandmother has told me :D

And they can not get mad that I am going to wake up on my day off and disappear at 6 am and not return until late in the afternoon, spending my day on my bike. Either do it with me or dont complain because I do what I love and enjoy!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Reminds me of the old story about the Prince who had to choose a bride from three beautiful Princess. One was from the richest family in her whole kingdom and a union would guarantee the familys future forever. The second was not only rich beautiful and intelligent but was also loved to cook, clean and iron and the third one was all of the previous things but more than that she truely loved the Prince.
So which one do you think he married? The one with the bigest boobs of course!! Ha Ha!!

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
I need not to be required to cook, clean, and do womenly duties... even if I will do some of it, I cant be told I have to do it. Maybe this is the bad american corrupted women in me, as my japanese step grandmother has told me :D

And they can not get mad that I am going to wake up on my day off and disappear at 6 am and not return until late in the afternoon, spending my day on my bike. Either do it with me or dont complain because I do what I love and enjoy!
yeh, that's why American guys marry other nationalities :)))

·
Registered
6,657 Posts

Good for you. Should you get married, I presume the guy would have fallen for who you are so why would they then want you to turn into some dull kowtowing house mouse? And who are these pathetically insecure men who can only deal with a subserviant wife?

Honestly, Dubai is frequently like a throw back to the 1950's with so many stay at home housewives (many without children even) who defer to their husbands and haven't one interesting idea in their pampered heads.

-

·
Registered
362 Posts
Good for you. Should you get married, I presume the guy would have fallen for who you are so why would they then want you to turn into some dull kowtowing house mouse? And who are these pathetically insecure men who can only deal with a subserviant wife?

Honestly, Dubai is frequently like a thow back to the 1950's with so many stay at home housewives (many without children even) who defer to their husbands and haven't one interesting idea in their pampered heads.
So true Elphaba :D

When my hubby first moved here he wasn't working so I was the "breadwinner" - loads of the guys I work with (Westerners included) could not get their head around this idea, and our PRO nearly passed out when I asked him to arrange a husband visa!

·
Registered
143 Posts
love
respect
compasion
affection
understanding
emotional(not cold)

Love is..

question ! where your wife next to you when you wrote that :p?

·
Banned
598 Posts
nope, I am just a guy that uses more than just his p3nis to think.

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
boycutting MArriage !! No MAriage No Cry !
Common, M.Sharaf, marriage is not that scary, it's fun in a way... not as much as a hard job though, but even the last one worth doing it as happy marriage is much better than staying a 60 years old bachelor )))

·
Registered
143 Posts
Common, M.Sharaf, marriage is not that scary, it's fun in a way... not as much as a hard job though, but even the last one worth doing it as happy marriage is much better than staying a 60 years old bachelor )))
Probably true ! but now , iam not yet ready to go into this complicated process, for many reasons main one not having the one women who give the feeling of wanting to spend the rest of my life with ,,,,

as for the 60years bachelor,(even tough ill not make it till that age , thx to dubai life style ) i would rather have that than a nagging women at 60years !

Cheers !

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.