Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I posted about marriage visitor visa few weeks ago, since then my boyfriend and I went to see a solicitor to find out what we can do but basically it didn't really help to be honest.

My situation is

I am holding a student visa which is going to expire in august and we already booked our wedding venue and registrar for feb 2016. My boyfriend is earning about £9000 per year and we don't have any savings and there is no one can help us with savings.
He was going to become a driving instructor but it's self-employed and that means I can't get either marriage or fiance visa until like june 2016 which is too late.
We found that we can't use self-employed only two weeks ago so he is currently looking for a job that can pay him at least £1550 per month for 6 months to meet the category A in the financial requirement but it is not easy as he has no experience in any sector so I am not sure if he will get a job in two weeks.

My original plan was if my boyfriend can get a job in two weeks, i will go back home in aug and come back in sep to prepare for my wedding (I don't need a visa to travel here for 6 months) and then go back home again around dec or jan when finance is ready and apply for a fiance visa in my country. I still think this is the best option if he can get a job.

Otherwise, I was going to get a marriage visitor visa. I know I have no strong ties but I heard that I can use applying for a spouse visa can be a reason. I asked the solicitor but she said that there is still very low possibility to get the visa because I already have been in this country for 4 years and applying for a spouse visa isn't enough.
Is it true??? I was going to be honest and saying that we know we can't meet financial requirement yet but as we booked everything already, we can't really cancel it all so I will go back home straight after wedding and once we are ready, I will apply for a marriage visa. However, the solicitor said no which I am not sure because I think it would work as I am aware with my situation well and being honest.

Another option was to get married before my student visa expires. I was going to give a notice soon before going back to my home country in aug, come back here in oct as a visitor and get married in Feb then go back home again after wedding and apply for a marriage visa in my country when everything is ready. However, someone said that it will not work because I should have a proper visa to apply for the marriage visa. is it true??? I don't understand this because why can't I apply for the marriage visa without an appropriate visa even though I am not apply in the UK? Are they going to check what visa I am having when I get married?
Cause I think they may just check a marriage certificate, not what visa I was holding, if I was holding a marriage visitor visa or without any visa and even how I could stay in the UK during my wedding period.
If it doesn't work, my another option is getting married now in a register office first and having a reception in feb. does anyone know if there is a limited time to get married on a student visa?
I heard that I should have more than 6 months remaining on my student visa to get married but if it is really 6 months, I have no choice as my visa has only 3 months remaining now.

Please help!!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Not every part of your post is clear or makes sense, but I think I've got the gist of your situation.
Easiest is perhaps to get married before your Tier 4 expires (make sure you have time left to give notice and allow a couple of weeks after the nuptials before expiry), go home and wait till he can meet the financial requirement and apply for spouse visa in S Korea. They don't like people coming as visitor when married and going home to apply for settlement visa, as there is a risk of overstay and illegal working. Make sure you keep in touch regularly.
Once your Tier 4 expires, to get married in UK requires either a fiancée visa (for staying on afterwards) or marriage visit visa. Both must be obtained in advance in S Korea.
Your original plan to go home upon Tier 4 expiry and returning soon after as visitor is tricky, as you can be denied entry for not having strong ties at home (and needing to apply for settlement visa in itself is insufficient) and for possible illegal work and overstay.

Just my opinion only and in no way should be taken as advice.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
You have one major problem with your proposed plans and that is your boyfriend has to obtain a job earning 18,600 GBP per annum.

That is double what he is earning now - a huge increase depending on his skills.

I think until such time as he obtains such a job you should keep your marriage plans on hold.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm sorry to say, but marriage is not going to help you emigrate unless he meets the financial requirement at some point. That is ultimately what you need to achieve in order to live in the UK. There are many people in your situation, unfortunately, and a lot of them are families with kids who are separated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.