Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I was planning to try to get a NZ job offer and apply for a Skilled migrant visa. But I found I might have to change my approach if things like the quote below turns out to be true. Is it? Also, please share if you've managed to land a NZ-job outside of NZ and acquired a Skilled migrant visa. Thank you.

"Nobody is going to give you a job offer while you live in your birth country unless you have amazing and/or rare credentials since New Zealand businesses have ten people standing right outside their door who can start work tomorrow."

·
Super Moderator
4,931 Posts
Hi. I was planning to try to get a NZ job offer and apply for a Skilled migrant visa. But I found I might have to change my approach if things like the quote below turns out to be true. Is it? Also, please share if you've managed to land a NZ-job outside of NZ and acquired a Skilled migrant visa. Thank you.

"Nobody is going to give you a job offer while you live in your birth country unless you have amazing and/or rare credentials since New Zealand businesses have ten people standing right outside their door who can start work tomorrow."
It isn't impossible to get a job here from overseas but it does depend on your industry, skills and experience and employers here being desperate for it.
It isn't really possible to change your approach nowadays. Even if you manage to score enough on the EOI without a job offer if you have no experience of study or work in NZ nor have a job offer in NZ you won't be approved Resident Visa. The most you'll get is Job Search Visa.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts