Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok just had another fab night with friends, a bit drunk so thought i better sober up before bed dont like that whole room spinning thing. Any way been a bit down lately and tonight has reminded me just what i should truly be grateful for, which is the reason for this post, its so often doom and gloom but we have so much to be thankfull for we should remind ourselves once in awhile.

For me all my spanish and other european friends who in six months have become like family,

For the sun that shone so magnificently in the sky and warmed my soul today,

For my children that played with all there new friends with at least 50% less arguments than normal lol,

For my husband only 1 more week until he visits me been 6 since i last saw him,

For pilars cooking oh wow! pealla tomorrow.:clap2::clap2::clap2: sorry about spelling lol

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
what a great post!! I agree with you. There is a lot to be thankful for in Spain, altho as they say, life is what you make it! I've made some great friends here, the kids have a great life here (even my daughter!!!!!!) and I live in a beautiful part of Spain too!!!

The constant rain here and the commuting husband get me down sometimes, but I dont think I'd trade it all to go back to the UK anytime soon

Jo xxx

·
Registered
32 Posts
kudos for a great post

My B&B host has been reassuring me that having one full-sun day out of 10 is backwards normally; despite all the 'glitches' encountered on this trip so far, much has gone right - my eye glasses came apart, but I got to see a new city in the process of getting them repaired, and the repair is holding. My laptop sorta-crashed just b4 leaving the States, but that repair is holding. The rain and cold has landed me in front of the most wonderful fire and gives me a chance to live out an actual scene that will be, over time, if I move here, a common one - me, living in a Spanish house, sitting by a nice fire and just - being. Some would say I'm nuts for it, but I've mostly had a smile on my face since I've been here despite the weather and catching a cold and going sleep-deprived and not finding prune juice and.... for each of these there has been more than one off-setting positive.
what a great post!! I agree with you. There is a lot to be thankful for in Spain, altho as they say, life is what you make it! I've made some great friends here, the kids have a great life here (even my daughter!!!!!!) and I live in a beautiful part of Spain too!!!

The constant rain here and the commuting husband get me down sometimes, but I dont think I'd trade it all to go back to the UK anytime soon

Jo xxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.