Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The invitation rounds have been delayed by a week and would be held on 12th and 26th July, instead of 1st and 3rd Wednesday as it is usually done

It's probably done so that the DIBP official get time to implement the new decisions Which will be announced on 1st July

The Maximum number of invites per round have been capped at 1000 for 189 and 200 for 489

In July 2016 3050 invites were issued for 189 alone so this year the number of invites has been capped at 2/3 only
So the cutoff calculation for each category have gone for a toss and will have to be reworked

During the entire last year 30,000 invites were issued under 189 so even if they have decided to spread the invites evenly, there would be 6,000 lesser invites

Will have to wait for further clarification on 1st July

As there has been a new stream added as 189 NZ stream, probably the 6,000 invites have been earmarked for them from within the overall quota of 30,000

Either ways it's bad news for categories having pro Rata invites

Please do add if you get any new information or if I have missed anything which is already known

Cheers

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looks like the invitations might get delayed.I have lodged EOI on May 17th 2017 with 65 points for Software Engineer for 189.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
Looks like the invitations might get delayed.I have lodged EOI on May 17th 2017 with 65 points for Software Engineer for 189.

What are the chances of me getting invite

·
Registered
23,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are the chances of me getting invite?

Earlier time frame was Sep/Oct but looks like Nov/Dec now if nothing changes

We will have to wait for both the July rounds cutoff to see exactly how many high pointers are in the system
At this moment, we are all speculating

Cheers

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi newbienz,

Where can I find the info about the 1000 invites per invitation round for 189?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi Newbienz,
"The Maximum number of invites per round have been capped at 1000 for 189 and 200 for 489 "
Where can I find this info in dipb page?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello Vivek what's your points and for which job category

Hi,

My Job category is ICT BA (261111) and Points : 70. I have already received the Invite and lodged for visa, but was curious about the changes.

·
Registered
23,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Newbienz,
"The Maximum number of invites per round have been capped at 1000 for 189 and 200 for 489 "

Here you go

SkillSelect

Cheers

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi Newbienz,

Check the next invitation round on the website

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
658 Posts
Sorry if this isn't the right thread for my query.

ACS had recognised my exp from 1st July 2012 (after June 2012). I have that in my EOI and left the 'to date' blank.

I thought I would complete 5 years and get total 10 points on 1st July 2017.

However I have got it today itself 29th June 2017. How did that happen ? Just want to ensure I dint make any mistake. 🤔
I re checked my EOI and dates are fine.

Someone else I know is a similar case but points haven't added up automatically. His experience was recognised by ACS from 1st July 2009.. so he was hoping +5 points as well. WEIRD !!

·
Registered
23,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

ACS had recognised my exp from 1st July 2012 (after June 2012). I have that in my EOI and left the 'to date' blank.

However I have got it today itself 29th June 2017. How did that happen ? Just want to ensure I dint make any mistake. 🤔

Someone else I know is a similar case but points haven't added up automatically. His experience was recognised by ACS from 1st July 2009.. so he was hoping +5 points as well. WEIRD !!
As long as you have not given wrong dates, you need not bother much as even with your calculations, you would have got the points 2 days later

I don't think you are going to get the invite tonight that you need to worry

Cheers

·
Registered
658 Posts
As long as you have not given wrong dates, you need not bother much as even with your calculations, you would have got the points 2 days later

I don't think you are going to get the invite tonight that you need to worry

Cheers
Yeah.. sorry if I sound too pedantic... just that timestamp (be it even 1 day) is crucial for 189 so was a little curious.

Anyway lets hope for the best, thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts

Same boat...mine also increased +5, although I was expecting it on July 1st. Anywyz keeping the fingers crossed.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
658 Posts
Same boat...mine also increased +5, although I was expecting it on July 1st. Anywyz keeping the fingers crossed.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
Good to hear that..congrats

When I heard the other case wherein the points didnt increase... I got curious... !

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts