Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi please help me as i dont know what is the correct visa that my girlfriend needs to apply to come here in uk and get married and to stay with me here after marriage.i know its a fiance visa but im not so sure because me and my girlfriend has a 3 years son already.they are both in philippines.so please could anyone tell me is it fiance visa or dependant visa? THanks a lot

·
Super Moderator
18,064 Posts
If you aren't married she needs a fiancé visa and after you get married she can apply for further leave to remain as spouse-FLR (M). You need to meet the financial, accommodation and relationship requirements.

·
Registered
39,077 Posts
If you are British otherwise than by descent (born in UK etc), then your son is a British citizen and just needs to get his passport. He is British otherwise than by descent if born in UK, by descent if born abroad. He may also have Filipino nationality.
Your girlfriend needs a fiancée visa to move over here to get married, and then switch to leave to remain as partner (spouse) within 6 months. You as sponsor have to meet the financial requirement, earning at least £18,600.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply.im actually a filipino and was married before in phillipines and got divorced here in uk.i have been with my girlfriend for 5 years now and we have a son.divorce is not recognize in my country so i wanna invite my girlfriend to come here and get married.i know some of the requirements.but please can u tell me more about my girlfriend needs for the requirements what i needed to provide aswell to help her application.many thanks

·
Registered
39,077 Posts
I know remember you. Why do you keep creating new threads on the same issue? We have discussed your personal situation before and our advice still stands. So I'm closing this thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.