Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!!

I'm new to this forum and I'm planning on immigrating to Australia. I will list some of my information below as you all can get a better idea of me then.

DOB - 22/12/1988
Age - 24yrs
Profession - Software Engineer
Experience - 2.5 years

I did IELTS recently but only could get L-7.5, R-7.5, W-6.0 and S-7.5

Can someone please guide me through the proper way to get 8 band in all the modules in ielts and which is the best visa option should I take?

And also I would like to know is it ok to apply visa without an agent?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
As far as I understand, if you have 3 years, you can apply for 189. But, you might earn 10 points, if you have 7 in each bandscore.

You've ready already great in IELTS. I'm trying to get 7, will start taking preparation.

You can apply by yourself, official websites provides detailed, oriented information

Hi Everyone!!

I'm new to this forum and I'm planning on immigrating to Australia. I will list some of my information below as you all can get a better idea of me then.

DOB - 22/12/1988
Age - 24yrs
Experience - 2.5 years

Can someone please guide me through the proper way to get 8 band in all the modules in ielts and which is the best visa option should I take?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Everyone!!

DOB - 22/12/1988
Age - 24yrs
Experience - 2.5 years

I think you can start preparing for IELTS now, but wait for maybe just another half a year or more before submitting your Skills Assessment.

There're 2 main reasons;
1. For Skills Assessment, you should have "At Least 3 Years" in the closely related skilled occupation. If not, your skills assessment could have gone negative.
2. You will get more points (30 points) if you are between age 25-32​

so, I guess, its best to start working on IELTS now. But getting band 8 in all components is no easy task. You should aim for 7 first, and if Im not wrong, you can reach 60 points with IELTS band 7, largely because of your age.

And lastly, yes, Ive applied without an agent, and just got my VISA granted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts