Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello!

i would like to ask what type of visa should i apply for.

my fiance just got his congratulatory letter from EA and will continue applying for permanent residency.

we would like to know what would be the best option for us.

do i have to go through the same process as he did? or am i qualified for another type of visa? what visa should i apply for?

thanks in advance!

-jean:)

·
Registered
748 Posts
A person who is applying for PR VISA can also add his/her partner and dependents to the same application. This means that when he/she get PR, his/her partner and dependents also get PR.

This is the best option for you in my opinion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks AncientGlory for your reply. i will ask my fiance to review the forms again.

but in that case do i have to take ielts and pass CDR to EA?

thanks!

·
Registered
748 Posts
thanks AncientGlory for your reply. i will ask my fiance to review the forms again.

but in that case do i have to take ielts and pass CDR to EA?

thanks!
You basically have to provide proof regarding your English language ability. This can be done by showing that you have done your tertiary education in English medium or by doing IELTS. You only need 4.5 in IELTS, which is an easy target.

You do not need an assessment for your profession.

Reactions: jean2013

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh ok. thanks again AncientGlory!

i'll review and take the ielts.

one last thing, do you think it would be easier for us to apply before the wedding or after the wedding? or it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
748 Posts
oh ok. thanks again AncientGlory!

i'll review and take the ielts.

one last thing, do you think it would be easier for us to apply before the wedding or after the wedding? or it doesn't matter.
It is better if you are legally married at the time of lodging the EOI. I think you can only include a married partner or de facto partner in a PR application. In the latter case you might have to provide more rigorous proof.

·
Registered
748 Posts
thanks a lot for your help. how's your EA?
Going all right. I'm just a bit busy these days. Thank you for asking Jean. Good luck with your application.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts