Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
The only service operators are Du and Etisalat. At the moment, you can't choose between them, each company is allocated residential plots so where you live determines what company you can use.

To see what sort of package you can get have a look at:

tv du
eVision

It's best to get an all-in-one TV/phone/internet package.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Might not be relevant as you are Canadian, but I believe that Orbit Showtime will not be showing English Premier League football next season. Just something to bear in mind when you are choosing a package. (I think that it is going to only be shown over the internet...)

·
Registered
264 Posts
How about free tv with only just a receiver? Any idea how and where that works?
Unless you can deal with re runs of the same ancient and terrible films and Kyle XY "he doesn't even know his name but he does calculus like it's 2 + 2" (constant and irritating advert on Fox Series) then there isn't much worth getting on Free TV.

iTunes Films and BBC iPlayer are your friends (for me anyway).

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
As far as I know they intend to broadcast only over the internet via a monthly subscription Apparently baseball is done on a similar basis in the US, (though why you would want to watch rounders on a laptop is beyond me...) so one of our transaltlantic confreres might be able to shed further light.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.