Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends

I am going to submit my EOI next month. I have a querry as mentioned under:

I am going to apply in 189 subclass and i have to mention it in my EOI. I want to live and settle in NSW . Should i also mention subclass 190 in my EOI? The thing is that do they ask to mention the state i wish to live in if i mention 190 also?

Should i mention 189 alone or 189 and 190 both. I will have 60 points if i apply through 189 and i wish to settle in sydney only.

Thanks

·
Registered
628 Posts
Dear Friends

I am going to submit my EOI next month. I have a querry as mentioned under:

I am going to apply in 189 subclass and i have to mention it in my EOI. I want to live and settle in NSW . Should i also mention subclass 190 in my EOI? The thing is that do they ask to mention the state i wish to live in if i mention 190 also?

Should i mention 189 alone or 189 and 190 both. I will have 60 points if i apply through 189 and i wish to settle in sydney only.

Thanks
If you wish to settle in Sydney then go for 189. It gives you flexibiltiy to choose your destination. Also try to get NSW state nomination for 190. You have to mention the state for which you are trying to get sponsorship in the EOI. You have to specific about the state in the EOI if going for 190.

Regards
Amit

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank ANkit.

Can I mention 189 and 190 both in EOI?

I mean to say that do we have to get the state nomination before submitting EOI or afterwards when we get the invite?

Thanks again

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank ANkit.

I mean to say that do we have to get the state nomination before submitting EOI or afterwards when we get the invite?

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Thank ANkit.

Thanks again
hi sam,

yes, you can click both 189 and 190. But, merely clicking 190 option in EOI will not bring any nomination from that state. For state nomination, you must select that particular state under 190 and lodge an application for approval from it under 190. Some states may give you nomination even before applying for EOI while the others may urge you to submit EOI prior to lodging of application for state nomination.

But, generally, i do recommend people to lodge EOI first and then the application to a state they selected in EOI.

regards,
sathiya

Reactions: sam001 and r_saraj

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Sathiyaseelan,

Also can you help me out and tell me that does the process for filling EOI and submitting other dox require any expertise advice i.e.any agent to be appointed for that.Or its a simple process we can do on our own.

I will brief you about my case. I already can claim 60 points without claiming the 10 points for IELTS and without any state sponsership.My IELTS is pending and i have started process for Degree assesment(Architect Degre).

I will not give IELTS and hopefully will get 7 Each so my points total will come to 70. Otherwise i will apply with 60 points and want to go to Sydney.

After getting my degree assesed and ielts i will submit EOI. Can you help me out and tell me what will be the next step than.And should i mention 189 and 190 both in EOI with 60 points,

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Thanks Sathiyaseelan,

Also can you help me out and tell me that does the process for filling EOI and submitting other dox require any expertise advice i.e.any agent to be appointed for that.Or its a simple process we can do on our own.

I will brief you about my case. I already can claim 60 points without claiming the 10 points for IELTS and without any state sponsership.My IELTS is pending and i have started process for Degree assesment(Architect Degre).

I will not give IELTS and hopefully will get 7 Each so my points total will come to 70. Otherwise i will apply with 60 points and want to go to Sydney.

After getting my degree assesed and ielts i will submit EOI. Can you help me out and tell me what will be the next step than.And should i mention 189 and 190 both in EOI with 60 points,

Thanks again.
hi there,

I never advise you to knock the doors of immigration agents unless your case is complicated. here are many erudite members who can help you when you are stuck with.

if your occupation is not among the list of 6 occupations that follow prorata schemes, then you will get an invite within couple of invitation rounds for sure after lodging EOI.
What's your occupation?

if your occupation is one among the list, then, you may either need to raise your points to 70 through achievement of 7 bands in all sections by appearing in ielts again or give a shot of state nomination if you want to migrate soon.

regards,
sathiya

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again Sathiyaseelan,

My wife Occupation is An Architect and she has 10 years of occupational experience.Age is 30 yrs.

And what do you mean by the list of 6 occupations that follow prorata schemes? I am not aware of this thing.

I Need help...

Thanks again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts