Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came from Netherlands to the UK with two children. Me and one of my child are Dutch citizens. But my son is not and entered the UK with a EEA Familiy permit. (6 months valid) The permit is expired and have not been able to apply for any other permit.

After coming here I lived with a friend for two months then acquired my own house where I have live since September 2014. I got a temporary cleaning job which was from october 2014 to January 2015. Since then I have not been able to get a job. In January 2015 I received Jobseekers allowance which was limited for three months that is till April. Due to Jobseeker allowance I was awarded housing benefits also for the time I would be receiving Jobseekers allowance. The benefits came to a stop in April and I have been constantly looking for financial help and also cleaning peoples houses to survive.

My housing benefit has been today reinstated because jobseekers allowance have been reconsidered. Mind you since last year I have not been awarded child benefits or Child tax.

Anyway I explained all that for you to know which position I am in because I want to apply for EEA2 for my son who will be 12 years in July. He is also in High school since September 2014 and no education gap since we arrived.

My questions are - is my son living here illegally since his permit expired?

Will my financial situation since we arrive affect his application?

What document should I apply? I saw online residence card form is 137 pages???? Is this the correct form.

My son has a chance to get Dutch Nationality if the father will put his documents straight. I do not know what side is better thats why I would like to know, if my son gets his residence card when is he eligible to apply for British Nationality?

I am sorry for a long post and I appreciate all information.

Thankyou
Mashefun

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the law of Dutch immigration a child born before his parents have dutch nationality his residential status depends on the father rights of stay in the country. His father is Angolan and by law my son have to possess an Angolan passport before he can apply for Dutch nationality. He is stateless because his father has been reluctant to go after his son Angolan passport. P/S we broke up when our son was one year old. But if his father obtain his passport then I can apply for his dutch nationality....when that will happen depends on his father who doesn't care!

Cheers
mashefun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.