Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiance is coming to visit me in Florida to get married in December. Before he comes I plan on applying for a visitors visa, with the hope of it getting approved. (While hoping my job grants me a leave of absence.) Our plan is for me to fly back with him in December as husband and wife to spend our first Christmas and New Years together. I dont plan on spending the full 6 months as I will personal issues to attend to back home. While I am back at home this when I will get my settlement visa in order.
My question is should I just wait and apply for the spouse visa or take my chances on spending quality time with my future husband?
(Keep in mind I have already been turned down for a fiance visa. And got a detain at customs at Heathrow this April for 20 minutes but was let in.)

·
Registered
39,082 Posts
My fiance is coming to visit me in Florida to get married in December. Before he comes I plan on applying for a visitors visa, with the hope of it getting approved. (While hoping my job grants me a leave of absence.) Our plan is for me to fly back with him in December as husband and wife to spend our first Christmas and New Years together. I dont plan on spending the full 6 months as I will personal issues to attend to back home. While I am back at home this when I will get my settlement visa in order.
My question is should I just wait and apply for the spouse visa or take my chances on spending quality time with my future husband?
(Keep in mind I have already been turned down for a fiance visa. And got a detain at customs at Heathrow this April for 20 minutes but was let in.)
In view of your immigration history, you should not try to get in as a visitor post-marriage with or without a visa, but concentrate on getting a spouse visa in due course, as there is a high likelihood of refusal (of a visitor visa) or denied entry (when you come just with your passport).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.