Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have a question for you.Pls advise me on the same.
I have sumbitted my PCC and medicals and am waiting for my visa.I am working for an MNC in India at present.What should be my first step once I get my visa?Do I need to quit my job immediately?Suppose,I go abroad(to UK) from my company (say, for 8 - 12 months) and my Australian visa comes when I am not in India, what should I be doing then?Pls advise.
I am a bit worried...

Regards,
gopal

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Velamoor:

You do not have to quit your job immediately as your visa has no condition that ties to your current employment. It will have a date by which you must first enter Australia (this is between 6-12 months after you visa is granted and is tied to your Police/Health checks date). You can enter AU and then leave again (this is often called validating your visa). Then you will have 5 yrs to move over to AU as a PR.

So you can take the job in UK while awaiting your visa, it would be wise to advise DIAC of your mailing address. If you do spend > 12 months in the UK you will also have to do a PCC for there (police check) if your visa is not granted by then.

Good luck :)

Hi All,
I have a question for you.Pls advise me on the same.
I have sumbitted my PCC and medicals and am waiting for my visa.I am working for an MNC in India at present.What should be my first step once I get my visa?Do I need to quit my job immediately?Suppose,I go abroad(to UK) from my company (say, for 8 - 12 months) and my Australian visa comes when I am not in India, what should I be doing then?Pls advise.
I am a bit worried...

Regards,
gopal

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Aslam..
Wonderful to see such a prompt response from you.
Heartening to note that this forum has got such supportive people.
Thanks and many thanks...

gopal

Hi Velamoor:

You do not have to quit your job immediately as your visa has no condition that ties to your current employment. It will have a date by which you must first enter Australia (this is between 6-12 months after you visa is granted and is tied to your Police/Health checks date). You can enter AU and then leave again (this is often called validating your visa). Then you will have 5 yrs to move over to AU as a PR.

So you can take the job in UK while awaiting your visa, it would be wise to advise DIAC of your mailing address. If you do spend > 12 months in the UK you will also have to do a PCC for there (police check) if your visa is not granted by then.

Good luck :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts