Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband has got his contract for his new job in Australia. But there is no mention of LAFHA, which I know is going from 1st of July 2012. should he negotiate addtional allowance with the company for house rent, as the LAFHA would have covered a good portion of it.

G

·
He could try, it really depends on what field he is in ie how in demand he is and how big the employer is. Many of the smaller ones wont bother because they can get the labour without paying allowances from Australia. But the bigger companies especially international ones are used to paying such things.
I'd hope this will make the employers buck their ideas up and start paying a living wage but it's not likely :( especially with the smaller employers.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Louwexford,

No harm in trying - the only drawback I think would be that they have never offered you LAFHA as part of your deal whereas most of us that are currently receiving LAFHA it was part of our package if you like. My company is a big player in Australia and we have been told to wait till 01-Jul-12 till they tell us what we are getting compensation wise - if anything !! No harm in trying it on - the worst they can say is No - go for it !! TJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.