Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We would like to know at what time of the year are there the most long term rental properties available in Lanzarote. We could make the move in a months time, but we are aware that the number of properties that are available at this time of the year could be quite limited, as now may be the most popular time of the year? We would not like to move now and have to settle for somewhere that we are not entirely happy with, only because it was the best available at the time.

My question is, is there a time of the year that we would have a better choice of the long term rentals that are available as a whole.:)

Regards
Andy

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Rentals

Hi,

We would like to know at what time of the year are there the most long term rental properties available in Lanzarote. We could make the move in a months time, but we are aware that the number of properties that are available at this time of the year could be quite limited, as now may be the most popular time of the year? We would not like to move now and have to settle for somewhere that we are not entirely happy with, only because it was the best available at the time.

My question is, is there a time of the year that we would have a better choice of the long term rentals that are available as a whole.:)

Regards
Andy
Just about anywhere that is coastal will be looking for summer rentals with the inevitable higher rentals. But from September, there will be more space on the housing rentals for you to find a place. Just be careful with the contract. It should be for three years with the first year being legally binding on both parts and then you should be able to continue for the following two years with no increase in rent.
I believe, from reading this forum, that some people accept one year, wouldn't suit me but each to his own.

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
The Canary Islands in general are not like the Iberian part of Spanish territories, insomuch that the summer/winter differences in the long term rental market differs far less, there being minimal seasonal differences and year round tourism..

You will have to judge Lanzarote on a purely local long term rental market. For example if you were here, El Hierro, more or less any month rentals are available. It is in fact a renters market and bargains are available.

Good luck, when you settle, look to the south west and give us a wave:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your replies. What I should have mentioned is that we were looking for rentals of only 6 months at a time on each island. Does this change any of your responses? ie difficulty in getting a contract at all or a time in the year that we would have more of a choice of what is available.

Regards
Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts