Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

question as home office confuses the hell out of me.

i got 2 emails today that contradict each other.

emails received at 1107am:

Your visa has been issued and printed. The package containing your passport and other relevant documents will be shipped to you later today via your chosen carrier.

Regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
British Consulate-General

emailed received 3 min later at 1110 am:

We regret to inform you that after careful consideration against the immigration rules, your UK visa application has been unsuccessful. Along with the return of your passport and documents, you will find enclosed a detailed notice explaining exactly why your application was refused and information on your appeal rights.

Your passport will be dispatched from the New York office and will be delivered by FEDEX Your FEDEX tracking number is blank

We encourage you to give feedback on the UK visa application process at: UKBA Visa Services Customer Survey

This is an automated e-mail. Please do not reply.

which is it? issued and printed? or refused? why cant the home office just be bloody straight forward.

any advice on this? or do i have to wait till i get my passport to see which email was the wrong email sent to me?

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Unusual but not unknown.
It's very unusual for them to say in an email that you have been denied, as it has confidentiality implication.
Just wait till you get your passport back. Or send an email query to the consulate.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you know the email or number i can contact?

thank you

but whats your opinion here joppa what do you thinks happened with it?

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Any sender shown on messages received?
Possibly confused about applicants.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ive wrote back to both emails the one who emailed me and the one youve requested.

asking them bassically which is it but nicely.

is this just an error on their part? cause i dont see how it can be issued and printed. and then be refused.

·
Registered
585 Posts
have you checked the UKBA Visa Services Customer Survey? It doesn't look like a website that UKBA would make :S

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i clicked on it and it says "survey has ended" even though i havnt even done anything. is it a dodgy thing? i just clicked it now and now im running security things on my computer just incase. the email that had the survey on it had my fedex tracking number though. and if they screw up my fedex tracking that would be completely messed up.

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
It looks like your rejection mail was a scam, a worm to spread malware. Download Malwarebytes to get rid of it.
Good news is your visa has probably been issued.

·
Registered
585 Posts
i clicked on it and it says "survey has ended" even though i havnt even done anything. is it a dodgy thing? i just clicked it now and now im running security things on my computer just incase. the email that had the survey on it had my fedex tracking number though. and if they screw up my fedex tracking that would be completely messed up.
It says to register. It's a bit strange if you ask me but I'm sure its nothing. You would think if it was some kind of survey it would be on the UKBA website or have it's logo. You just have to wait and see. Good Luck :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats insane.

i mean fedex just picked up my package so im not as worried about not getting my passport as much as i get it at 1030 tomarrow as planned.

but how the hell would the scam have my fedex tracking stuff?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
why would they do such a thing. i hope that means i have my visa then and my 1st email was correct and accepted. that would great if it was accepted but what a terrible joke to play on people. what do they get from it? do you know so i know what to watch?

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Often a scammer sends malware and then makes you buy their program to get rid of it and makes money that way. And of course their 'program' doesn't work!
What is worrying is that the security on UKBA system isn't as tight as it should be, and once you resolve this issue, send an email to UKBA (there is a technical department listed on UKBA site) and let them know so that actions will be taken.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ok so they hacked the British consulate of new york? or me? cause they used their email. sounds like a problem they should fix if its a scam.

sent this to you before you edited what you said.

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Remember email isn't secure and can and has been intercepted. I don't know where the security breach occurred but UKBA should be told about it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.