Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied for NSW nomination around 3 weeks back but haven't heard back from them. On the other hand, one of my friends got his nomination in 3 weeks. Points and occupation for both of us are same. My friend says I made a mistake by submitting resume of just 2 pages as I've 11 years of experience. He says I should have written at least 8 pages. Is this true? What should I do now?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I applied for NSW nomination around 3 weeks back but haven't heard back from them. On the other hand, one of my friends got his nomination in 3 weeks. Points and occupation for both of us are same. My friend says I made a mistake by submitting resume of just 2 pages as I've 11 years of experience. He says I should have written at least 8 pages. Is this true? What should I do now?
Well, I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle. I think 2 pages are too short for your years of experience but believe that 8 pages are way too long. I did some research recently and the advice I got is 3 to 4 pages.
I have set up my resume recently and it was 4 pages long ( I have 11 yrs experience too). It can't have been that wrong as I could secure a job :)

Cheers

PS: However, I did not use my resume for 190 but to find a job.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I believe the truth is somewhere in the middle. I think 2 pages are too short for your years of experience but believe that 8 pages are way too long. I did some research recently and the advice I got is 3 to 4 pages.
I have set up my resume recently and it was 4 pages long ( I have 11 yrs experience too). It can't have been that wrong as I could secure a job :)

Cheers

PS: However, I did not use my resume for 190 but to find a job.
Thanks for the reply Ben. Do you know what are my options? Can I resubmit my resume? Is it allowed?

All the best for.your new job ...

Ankit

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thanks for the reply Ben. Do you know what are my options? Can I resubmit my resume? Is it allowed?

All the best for.your new job ...

Ankit
Hi Ankit
I am sorry but I am not familiar with the 190 process.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Ankit
I am sorry but I am not familiar with the 190 process.
Thanks Ben.

I would request other senior members to help me in this regards.

Thanks,
Ankit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts