Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My wife got her Spouse Visa and is now in the UK . She has been here since August . Just got a few questions on what happens next and do and don'ts . I know there are a load of things on the Boarder Website but i have dyslexia and somebody putting it in Lay-mends is best for me to understand .

1. My wife Visa runs out in 2016 . What is the next stage when this Visa is running out . Is there anything we should be doing now to ensure she get a renewal.

2. Is the renewal guaranteed??

3. How much is the renewal ??

4. Were is the best place to do the renewal ??

5. My wife is wanting to go back home (Mexico) for a couple on weeks . Will this have an impacted ??

6. If my wife wants to go home at least twice a year will this have an impact ??

7. My wife has now got a job . Will this have a good impact on the renewal ??

8. As i said my wife has a job now and has a NI number . We have registered her at the local doctors as well . If my wife needs any medication ...................lets say birth control .....will we have to pay for that and other treatments if she needs to see the doctor ??

9. Lets say my wife gets her renewal visa ..............how long after that can she apply for citizenship??

10. How much is citizenship??

11. Once she get citizenship will she be on a duel passport or a British and can you choose as we both may want to live in Mexico in the future ???

Got lots more but thats it for now . Thank you for all your previous help in getting my wife's visa this truly is a great web-site.

Filo

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Hi

My wife got her Spouse Visa and is now in the UK . She has been here since August . Just got a few questions on what happens next and do and don'ts . I know there are a load of things on the Boarder Website but i have dyslexia and somebody putting it in Lay-mends is best for me to understand .

1. My wife Visa runs out in 2016 . What is the next stage when this Visa is running out . Is there anything we should be doing now to ensure she get a renewal.
Get her name on some bills. You will need essentially the same types of documents as you did for the 1st visa but obviously updated.

2. Is the renewal guaranteed??
No. You must meet the requirements which are pretty much the same as for the 1st visa.

3. How much is the renewal ??

4. Were is the best place to do the renewal ??
A postal application currently costs £578. An in person application currently costs £953. It's entirely possible those fees will be higher in 3 years.

5. My wife is wanting to go back home (Mexico) for a couple on weeks . Will this have an impacted ??
That's fine.

6. If my wife wants to go home at least twice a year will this have an impact ??
That's fine.

7. My wife has now got a job . Will this have a good impact on the renewal ??
The only impact it will have is that her income can be used to meet the financial requirement if needed.

8. As i said my wife has a job now and has a NI number . We have registered her at the local doctors as well . If my wife needs any medication ...................lets say birth control .....will we have to pay for that and other treatments if she needs to see the doctor ??
She's entitled to use the NHS for free but everyone pays for prescriptions.

9. Lets say my wife gets her renewal visa ..............how long after that can she apply for citizenship??
After 5 years on spousal visas she can apply for indefinite leave to remain. She must pass the Life in the UK test 1st and she may have to take an additional English language test. Once she has ILR she can apply for citizenship.

10. How much is citizenship??
£874

11. Once she get citizenship will she be on a duel passport or a British and can you choose as we both may want to live in Mexico in the future ???
It depends whether Mexico allows dual citizenship.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get her name on some bills. You will need essentially the same types of documents as you did for the 1st visa but obviously updated.

No. You must meet the requirements which are pretty much the same as for the 1st visa.

A postal application currently costs £578. An in person application currently costs £953. It's entirely possible those fees will be higher in 3 years.

That's fine.

That's fine.

The only impact it will have is that her income can be used to meet the financial requirement if needed.

She's entitled to use the NHS for free but everyone pays for prescriptions.

After 5 years on spousal visas she can apply for indefinite leave to remain. She must pass the Life in the UK test 1st and she may have to take an additional English language test. Once she has ILR she can apply for citizenship.

£874

It depends whether Mexico allows dual citizenship.

Cheers :cheer2:

·
Registered
38 Posts
From the NHS Choices website. NHS Choices - Your health, your choices

"Where can I get contraception?"

Most types of contraception are available free in the UK. Contraception is free to all women and men through the NHS. Places where you can get contraception include:

most GP surgeries – talk to your GP or practice nurse
community contraception clinics
some genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinics
sexual health clinics – they also offer contraceptive and STI testing services
some young people's services (call the Department of Health's Sexual Health Helpline on 0300 123 7123 for more information)

You can find your nearest sexual health clinic, including contraception clinics, by searching your postcode or town.

Contraception services are free and confidential, including for people under the age of 16.

Hopes this helps a little.
Pammie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.