Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, Other than recruitment agencies (useless) trade me and seek, what other job websites are there? I currently detest the job i took (was offered 2 and took the wrong one, typical!!!) and am trying to get out of it asap...just doesnt seem to be much around at the moment. My experience is in food retail / marketing. Thanks xx

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Hey all, Other than recruitment agencies (useless) trade me and seek, what other job websites are there? I currently detest the job i took (was offered 2 and took the wrong one, typical!!!) and am trying to get out of it asap...just doesnt seem to be much around at the moment. My experience is in food retail / marketing. Thanks xx
Typical, eh?
If you're into marketing then it might be worth contacting Marketing Association - they'll have various events on and they're a great place to network. As many people will tell you - networking is the way to go in NZ!

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
This is true Megan, but when your working 60 hours a week and you dont like your job.....its kind of hard to enjoy it really...at the moment id rather be anywhere but here!!!

:(
That's long hours - difficult, I know - but have you tried saying no?
With reasons, of course....

I'm working for a company that is notorious for pushing its staff.
I rebelled and started pushing back.
Much to my amazement my boss (who is well known for never giving compliments and being a bit of a bully) has started complimenting me on my emails which he considers 'knock the nail on the head!!!'

Do you have a work visa or a residents visa? If it's the former then it's a tad more difficult to tell them what to do with their job.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, i have a residents visa. Its meant to be 45 hours a week....ha ha ha. Just seems it the norm there to do exactly what they say or they ridicule you for being weak lol, the jobs nothing liket what was advertised, and they then keep bringing in new rules, which i dont agree with but have to follow and make my team follow too. Think i will just keep at it until something comes along thats a little better, but who knows...maybe most companies are like this? I think because the blame culture hasnt hit over here yet they can expect people to do this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
chellebubbles said:
Yeah, i have a residents visa. Its meant to be 45 hours a week....ha ha ha. Just seems it the norm there to do exactly what they say or they ridicule you for being weak lol, the jobs nothing liket what was advertised, and they then keep bringing in new rules, which i dont agree with but have to follow and make my team follow too. Think i will just keep at it until something comes along thats a little better, but who knows...maybe most companies are like this? I think because the blame culture hasnt hit over here yet they can expect people to do this?
Sorry to hear things aren't as was expected :( can I ask what field you are working in?

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
That's not the norm in most jobs - it sounds like you have a bad company there. They shouldn't be expecting you to work 60 hours a week and certainly shouldn't be ridiculing you for wanting a life outside of work!

I can't guarantee it will be different elsewhere - but you'd be unlucky to find another one that bad.

What area of business are you in?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts