Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends,

Why Australia encouraging people to apply skills assessment for less or no demand occupations?

As a result of this decision lot of people awaiting for an invitation from past 2 to 3 years. We have to notice one thing that for this opportunity people spending lot of money and passing days. Meanwhile, the validity of skills report and IELTS score would be expired.

I am awaiting for an invitation since 2013 and received finally with a job offer clause, which would not be an easy task for an offshore candidate. Day by day my hope is evaporating from mind.

If anyone have a plausible response to this situation please share in this forum.

Regards
K V R

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi Friends,

Why Australia encouraging people to apply skills assessment for less or no demand occupations?

As a result of this decision lot of people awaiting for an invitation from past 2 to 3 years. We have to notice one thing that for this opportunity people spending lot of money and passing days. Meanwhile, the validity of skills report and IELTS score would be expired.

I am awaiting for an invitation since 2013 and received finally with a job offer clause, which would not be an easy task for an offshore candidate. Day by day my hope is evaporating from mind.

If anyone have a plausible response to this situation please share in this forum.

Regards
K V R
Since I can't see your signature with occupation details, I am not sure about your occupation. But, I don't understand why you have had to wait for 2 to 3 years for your invitation. I applied my visa in the mid 2014 and had got an invitation within 2 months after EoI. Most of my friends who were from other occupations also didn't have to wait for more than 3-4 months at max. I know some people who filed their EOI two-three months back and they have started getting their invites.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi Friends,

Regards
K V R
2-3 years? what is your code?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi friends,

My occupation is 511112- Program or Project Administrator, Which is listed in CSOL.

Only 3 states are offering invitations with a special clause. Not only this one there are number of occupations linked to a special conditions. Due to this reason some people effected in many ways such as age criteria and validity expiry.

As one of friend said in the above that people getting visas who's occupations listed in SOL and very few of CSOL.

Kind Regards
K V R

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Typically occupations that have additional criteria for state nomination are those that aren't in high demand. So the visa is an option to someone who's already living/working in Australia as an opportunity for them to stay, but not really an option for someone who's looking to migrate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts