Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I have been offered a job and we are in process of applying for 457 Visa, the ones for skilled immigration. Actually the company is sponsoring me and everything seems ok for me at the moment. However, I have a question. I need a reality check. What is the success rate of 457 Visa? Its for a single person, only for me so there is no family members or anybody that is entailed to me visa. So the application entirely depends on my profile and documents I guess.

Is there any thing I should be worried about? What aspects do they look into to sanction your Visa or reject your Visa.

I would really appreciate your inputs.

Thanks,

Cheers

G

·
Not exactly, you have to have checkable skills and/or qualifications to do the job. The employer has to meet strict criteria as well as the character checks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your comments..

So if you qualifications are verified and the criteria of your employers are met , should it be ok? Other than that are there any things to be worried about?

G

·
Yup so long as you have the ability to do the job and have the skills & experience you claim and don't have some a criminal past or serious illness then you should be fine. The employer has more to meet than you and if the nomination has been accepted there is nothing to worry about there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So my employer tells me that they have all my educational and criminal backgrounds verified and its clear. The employer itself is one of the biggest companies in Australia. So would you suggest that everything is ok? Sorry if I sound silly but I am have got no idea whatsoever about Austrialian Visa and Australian Immigration Departement's working. Just want to be sure ..

G

·
Its never guaranted until the visa is in your hand but yes its probably ok. When did they lodge it or have they not yet?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hopefully that will be done on Monday. But the employer had my backgrounds verified by a registered organisation/agent that specializes in such background checks.

G

·
Yes but you will still have to go through checks by the Department of Immigration. They have their own procedures to follow and checks made by others won't be taken into account.
Did the employer have you apply to ACPO for a UK police certificate? And the same for any other country you have lived in?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok I see. The employer didnt tell me anything about ACPO but i dont think it applies to since I am an Indian who has been living in France. I studied here and did an internship here.

G

·
Ahh sorry, didn't see that. Not sure who you apply to in France but you'll need one from there probably from india too the information on where to apply is on the DIAC.gov.au site, but if you've got a clean record they'll come back fine and you'll get your visa once they've done their checks. But the 457 is quick from a few days to a few weeks but much less than the 18 months+ for some others.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.