Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually I thought of going via consultancy. Today I had a talk with them..Regarding the experience points they are saying something different what I read from this forum. I am BSc IT, working as a software tester.

They said ACS will cut my 4 years from my total 6 years, so i will not get any points for experience...

What they are saying is if you are from a non-computer background, they will cut 6 yrs of exp. If you are from a computer background, they will cut 4 yrs...

What is right???? what is the rule of deducting experience? I am in total confusion now... Now, I am planning to do by myself....

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
No that's no exactly the case, 4 years deduction can happen for even IT graduate but not very likely, 4 years are deducted mostly for EE BSc's but applying for IT occupations..

You can go through the ACS-Processing thread.. you'll see lots of results there..

The rule is unless 65% if your courses are not related to your chosen occupation in some way, they gonna deduct 4 years, along with this, country of institution+how well you present your case also matters to keep the deduction as less as possible.

Reactions: anishkumar03

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No that's no exactly the case, 4 years deduction can happen for even IT graduate but not very likely, 4 years are deducted mostly for EE BSc's but applying for IT occupations..

You can go through the ACS-Processing thread.. you'll see lots of results there..

The rule is unless 65% if your courses are not related to your chosen occupation in some way, they gonna deduct 4 years, along with this, country of institution+how well you present your case also matters to keep the deduction as less as possible.
Thanks a lot Sunlight... I will do it myself instead of depending consultancy...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts