Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im from singaporean ethnic indian; would like to know the cost of living in paramatta and its suburb surrounding;

also, does this suburb have houses or bungalows at an affordable price? if yes, can u provide the sources? my budget for house would be not more than AUD300k
im willing to buy SLIGHTLY further away from paramatta but not too far;

my desired place is: a place where im able to get some space and interact with mother nature and less crowded rather than living in apartment in noisy and pollution urban cities; i know that paramatta is where little india is; i prefer to stay around little india as im able to keep in touch with my indian roots while at the same time enjoy the culture of australia; my objective is live peacefully and enjoy; any suggestion please let me know; thanks guys

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi Viju,
your plans are good & Australia is a good place to settle down.
But its always better if you visit the place yourself, know the pros & cons of the areas which you are interested , assess the property market & then buy a house. Here people are fair. so what ever information you get would be mostly accurate. Houses are generally sold by property agents who are very professional. you can visit realestate, domain sites (sorry cant type the full address as i am new to this forum). there are atleast 4-5 real estate branch offices in each suburb. Parramatta is 2nd largest suburb in Sydney & so properties & rents are high.
Nearby areas are wentworthhill, westmead, pendle hill., harris park , granville where there are lot of indians & you will get indian grocery stores & indian restaurants.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi Viju,
your plans are good & Australia is a good place to settle down.
But its always better if you visit the place yourself, know the pros & cons of the areas which you are interested , assess the property market & then buy a house. Here people are fair. so what ever information you get would be mostly accurate. Houses are generally sold by property agents who are very professional. you can visit realestate, domain sites (sorry cant type the full address as i am new to this forum). there are atleast 4-5 real estate branch offices in each suburb. Parramatta is 2nd largest suburb in Sydney & so properties & rents are high.
Nearby areas are wentworthhill, westmead, pendle hill., harris park , granville where there are lot of indians & you will get indian grocery stores & indian restaurants.
thanks vijay bhai; i appreciate what u have shared to me and will take note of it; i dont mind living slightly further away paramatta as long as i can find hindu, temples nearby, indian restaurants, indian provision shops, etc; looking forward to tour australia first; i must not miss to visit little india there hehehehe; by the way, my real name is also vijay; nice to meet u bhai

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.