Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have asked questions before on this forum, but I have a few more.

My fiancee and I have made the decision to move to Canada.
We are now actively searching for the best option.

The options we are looking into are:
1) A (Open) Work permit for me.
I have a job as a Teamleader here in The Netherlands, she is currently un-employed.
Getting a open work permit; work and live in Canada, and later on file for a pr-card seems to be the way alot of people are doing it.

2) Finding a job in Canada.
My fiancee is Canadian and is looking for jobs in Toronto. If this works she will go back to Canada and then sponser me to come over. (Might be the best option)

In October I have my IELTS exam, but before that we want to have all the necessary paperwork ready so we can apply immediatly.
In December we are going to Canada to spend Christmas & New Years Eve with her family and friends. Also getting married, and see if we can find more information to futher along the moving process.

Option 2 seems to be the best option to go for, because I think getting a open work permit is more harder.

I think the way we are going about it is a good way. And anyone that has been in a similar situation receiving some advice would be helpful.

Comments and advice are highly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
1) getting a job, even for a citizen, while living outside the country is nigh impossible unless one has very special skills.
2) if you have lived in common-law relationship for 12 months + and have documentation to prove this she can sponsor you now. Given the time to complete the spousal sponsor you should do that now, then when you're married it will be (almost) completed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.