Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Recently sat my IELTS test and got 8 in each band except writing which I got 7.5 = 8 overall now my agent is telling me I needed 8 in each band is this true ???

·
Expat
398 Posts
most of the States require 7 in each band.. some even requires 6.. it depends on ur profession.. you can check this requirement on the site of your designated state. just google it. and if ur agent is telling u that u need 8 it will most probably be because you get 20 points for 8 in each band in IELTS and 10 points for 7 in each band.. you need to get at least 65 points in the points test..

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi

Recently sat my IELTS test and got 8 in each band except writing which I got 7.5 = 8 overall now my agent is telling me I needed 8 in each band is this true ???
Have you done the points test on DIAC's website? What is your score?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
atsurti said:
Have you done the points test on DIAC's website? What is your score?
Thanks guys .... My points are as follows

Age 35= 25 points
Experience = 15
IELTS =10
state sponsor= 5 points
Trade = 10

Total 65

·
Registered
353 Posts
Thanks guys .... My points are as follows

Age 35= 25 points
Experience = 15
IELTS =10
state sponsor= 5 points
Trade = 10

Total 65
I am sure you must have double checked. If that is the score then you don't require 8 in IELTS.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Have you moved to Australia ?

I am sure you must have double checked. If that is the score then you don't require 8 in IELTS.

Hi atsurti,

It seems like you got a visa in dec have u moved to Australia.

·
Registered
230 Posts
waudy10 said:
I need 8 in writing!!! Previously got 7:(
May I ask under what occupation are you applying and to which state. Your score of 7 in each seems perfect as your points are equal to cut-off. I thought for most profession 7 is the minimum required. So curious to see which one needs an 8.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just done IELTS again today fingers crossed for my results
I assume you too are aiming band 8. How often are you sitting for the test ?

I guess I thought getting 8 in each bands is just impossible for me. I took three writing classes. All one to one. Now, my teacher thinks I'm a strong 7-7.5. But not an 8 yet. I still sat for the test. My result is 8.5 8.5 7 8.

Not sure, when should I sit for the test again. Any suggestions ?

Good luck with your test :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.