Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, sorry for long post!

I left Canada 14 years ago married to UK citizen and moved to France. Got carte the sejour. Bought house in France where my UK daughter was studying.
My husband and I moved to Germany to work but kept property in France while my daughter was doing her IB my carte the sejour in France expired in 2009 while I was in Germany (this was even my second carte de sejour)

- I got divorced in Germany 2007
- I have a visa to work in Germany with no expiry date
- I am Canadian with UK right of abode cuz married to UK citizen before 1983 this is valid for life
(could get UK passport but have to move to UK for 3 years and apply after that)
- The house in France belongs to me
- I came back to live in my house early 2011 (too busy with renovation to think paper work)
- I am now told on phone by prefecture that I am not allowed to have carte de sejour because no longer attached to UK citizen. (My daughter has British passport)
- I only have one home and it is here in France no other address

I recently have a job offer in Monaco. I fear I will lose this job if I don’t get my paper straight. As a Canadian I can apply for a French visa to work in IT. I have to ask for a visa outside France but I have no other address???

Can I get carte de sejour based on my daughter stating she lives with me in France which she will in Sept.
Is there any way I can get my expired 2009 carte de sejour renewed?

Thank you for your help

Katou

·
Administrator
50,078 Posts
Technically, if you have lived in the EU for a period of 5 years or more, you should be able to get a 10 year carte de residente. This is the EU page on the subject: Status of non-EU nationals who are long-term residents

There used to be a page on the Service Public website that dealt with this, but I haven't been able to find it for some time now. But find the French version of this page and then go in and "discuss" it with your local prefecture. (Low key is the way to go - but show them the EU page in French and with a big, innocent look on your face ask them what it means.)
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.