Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear readers,
I am hoping I could find some answers here relating to my issue.

I have been with my German partner for close to 20 years and raised his child by his first marriage. We have lived outside of Germany and now reside in Malaysia where I am from.

Since we were never married and lived outside of Germany, I would like to know if I have any rights (under the German Laws) to spousal support when our relationship ended.

Appreciate any advise on this and thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
50,378 Posts
Given that you are living outside Germany and have been doing so for a long time, I don't expect that you have any rights under German law.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Super Moderator
1,857 Posts
Dear readers,
I am hoping I could find some answers here relating to my issue.

I have been with my German partner for close to 20 years and raised his child by his first marriage. We have lived outside of Germany and now reside in Malaysia where I am from.

Since we were never married and lived outside of Germany, I would like to know if I have any rights (under the German Laws) to spousal support when our relationship ended.

Appreciate any advise on this and thanks in advance.
I am very sorry, that must be very hard after investing so much into the relationship.

I am afraid that you are not married makes you ineligible for spousal support, as you are not a spouse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts