Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as this question crops up on a regular basis, maybe this could be added to the stickies to help new forum members.

Apologies if one exists. Tried to search but couldn't find a more comprehensive one.

I have copied and pasted as received so if some information is incorrect, or any new changes since posting, please amend as appropriate

What is a Ban?

A ban is a legal mechanism that prevents an employee or resident from re-entering the same country or able to work or live in specific Country.

There are Two Types of Ban in United Arab Emirates.

1. Immigration Ban
2. Employment Ban or Labour/Work permit Ban

What is Immigration Ban?

All countries except UAE and GCC nationals need permission from the Government of UAE (Ministry of Immigration) to enter the UAE or any part of UAE.

If you are denied entry to the UAE, you should know you have an Immigration ban from the Government of the UAE.

Reason for an Immigration Ban:

There are numerous reasons of immigration bans in UAE but we will discuss the most important and popular cause of bans in the Emirates.

1. Criminal offences
2. Fake passports entry and exits
3. Weapons or ammunition
4. Drugs
5. Bounced cheques
6. Murder case
7. Abusing UAE Citizens
8. Inappropriate relationships
9. Rape
10. Breaking serious Rules and regulations set by the UAE Government, or any other crimes.

How to Remove Immigration Ban

The most commonly asked question is how to remove an immigration ban. Is there any way or any e-services provided from government of UAE or from Ministry of Immigration? The answer is NO.

You will face an immigration ban till the time you are cleared by the Ministry of Immigration or you have served your Sentence.

Labour Ban or Work Permit Ban. What is a Labour ban

Leaving a job without any reason, breaking terms and condition of Labour Contract or Started another job before finishing the first contract will earn you a Labour ban.

How many types of Labour ban are there?

Labour ban is also known as Employment ban or work permit ban. There are two types of Labour Ban's

1. 6 months Labour ban
2. 1 year Labour ban

What is the Reason behind a 6 Months Labour ban?

You will be banned automatically by Ministry of Labour (MOL) if you leave a current company (job) without any solid reason. The duration of this ban will be 6 Months. You will not be allowed entry in any emirate of UAE until you have cleared your ban status.

Can I travel to UAE on Visit Visa if I have 6 months ban?

Yes there is no restriction by the Government or Ministry of Labour for you to enter any Emirates of United Arab Emirates on Tourist or Visit Visa.

How do i remove my 6 Months Labour Ban? Is there any way of removing my 6 months ban inside UAE? How do i remove my labour ban without leaving country? How do you apply for another visa if you have labour ban for 6 months? Is there any E-services provided by the government to remove the labour ban.

The answer is YES. How?

1. Finding a job in any Free zone of United Arab Emirates
2. Finding a job with any Government entity.

Pre-requisites

1. You have to have qualifications above high school with a monthly salary of 5000 AED
2. Diploma holders with a monthly salary of 7000 AED
3. Bachelor’s degree holders with a monthly salary of 12000 AED

What is the Reason for a 1 Year Labour ban?

1. Losing a case in any emirates against your employer (Company)
2. Leaving a Government Job before completing your Limited labour Contract or Violation of Terms and Conditions of your Labour Contract.

Is there anyone in the UAE who will not face a Labour Ban. Below mentioned employees are exempt to a Labour ban

1. Citizens of UAE
2. Joining an Oil company.
3. Employees who are Changing jobs within the same free zones.
4. Employees who are joining Government or Semi-Government Organizations.
5. Employees who have completed their Limited term contracts.
6. Employees who have completed 3 years of Service under Unlimited term contract.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.