Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If we receive an invite based on the Points claimed at the time of submission of EOI and later if points reduce automatically on account of Age, what are the consequences?

My Date of Birth is 20 Oct.

Say I had claimed 70 points at the time of EOI in June when I was 32 years old. I am still 32 as on date when I receive the Invite. However I will be turning 33 on 20 Oct and thereby automatically 10 points will get reduced from my original claimed 70 points.

1) What will happen if I submit the Visa application after 20 Oct when my points are already reduced to 60 despite me getting invite based on 70 points?

2) What will happen if I submit the Visa application before 20 Oct when my points are still 70 however they will reduce to 60 after 20 Oct while Visa processing is in progress?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have the same question

·
Registered
58 Posts
If we receive an invite based on the Points claimed at the time of submission of EOI and later if points reduce automatically on account of Age, what are the consequences?

My Date of Birth is 20 Oct.

Say I had claimed 70 points at the time of EOI in June when I was 32 years old. I am still 32 as on date when I receive the Invite. However I will be turning 33 on 20 Oct and thereby automatically 10 points will get reduced from my original claimed 70 points.

1) What will happen if I submit the Visa application after 20 Oct when my points are already reduced to 60 despite me getting invite based on 70 points?

2) What will happen if I submit the Visa application before 20 Oct when my points are still 70 however they will reduce to 60 after 20 Oct while Visa processing is in progress?
Hi,

Age at the time of submitting the EOI is considered, not the current age.
So your points will not reduce to 60 when you turn 33.

Reactions: smaikap and luvjd

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi,

Does this statement hold good even if I edit my profile later? For example, I update my PTE score or add my spouse's assessment points?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi,

Correction here, it is the Age at the time of receiving the invite and not the age at the time of submitting the EOI.

Refer: below link:

Applicant documents

Proof, for example a birth certificate or passport, that you were under 45 at the time of invitation.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Does this statement hold good even if I edit my profile later? For example, I update my PTE score or add my spouse's assessment points?
smaikap,

A correction in the information I provided. The score is dynamic if you have not yet received the invite. I found this in the EOI breakdown PDF,:

This points breakdown calculation may change over time. some information in your EOI may reach a milestone , such as your age or years of experience which would cause the system to recalculate your points score.

If you have not yet received the invite, then your points will change when the age changes, if you have received the invite you just need to prove you were 32 when you received the invite.

If you update your profile with any data that changes the points, the date of effect will change for the EOI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts