Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have already submitted my application to ACS online on 23rd Apr 2012 and made payment. And CO was allocated same day. Now Same day I sent out the hard copies. When I was giving the package for courier, DTDC executive said that it will be delivered by Thursday or Friday i.e. 27th Apr 2012 for sure. Now today when I m checking the status of my package online nothing is coming up, anyhow after calling DTDC I finds out that package will be dispatched today and hence it is not in the system yet. Which means it will be delivered on Monday i.e. 30th Apr 2012. Now I m worried that will ACS consider the receipt date as 30th Apr 2012 or my application submission date will be considered as the online submission date i.e 23rd Apr 2012? Kindly reply if you know the answers.

BTW these courier services all sucks in India, I think nothing will ever improve here.

I first called TNT and scheduled a pick-up at 7:00 PM on 23rd Apr. They confirmed same and also told that somebody will come not earlier than 7:00 PM, then I get a call from the field boy who collects packages and he said that his duty gets over by 6:00 pm and he can not come. Bloody hell tell TNT that why telling me. I can not allocate pick-ups duties to you people. Then I again called TNT and confirmed same from them, phone executive told not to worry and someone will come for sure and only after 7:00 PM.

I reached home at 6:00 PM with all documents I required and hence called TNT 3rd time to tell them that since I m home early if they want they can inform their field boy and he can collect courier any time from now. To my surprise phone executive told that 'Ma'am your booking is canceled, nobody is scheduled to pick-up your consignment'. I was obviously so angry...frustrated, that they canceled and didn't even informed me. And I already told them in every call that how important it is for me to get this package delivered by 27th APr 2012. Now this guy tells me, that give him sometime and he will let me know why TNT didn't called and informed me about canceled pick-up. Reason he gave me that their cut-off time is 5:00 PM and somebody did called me but call didn't went through due to network issues ----- LAME excuse. Can anything ever be done here in India ........big NO.

Second exp with DTDC, I personally went to DTDC office with my 5 yr old kid at 6:20 PM, confirmed with this guy that will it be delivered on time, obviously he assured me as all he could see was Rs 2350.00 and nothing else. Then I asked him that if there is any issue then tell me upfront, I will go to DHL or BlueDart and get it done as it is extremely important. He again said same thing. So I gave it to him.

Today I m checking online status and finding nothing there. Called up executive she says that 23rd Apr you gave the package in the evening. It reached to DHL on Apr 24th and today they will dispatch the package and it can only reach by Monday 30th Apr 2012. :mad:

bad bad bad services in India........one can never trust anyone here. :mad:

·
Registered
100 Posts
For me, the date they got the papers were taken into account. In the result letter this date is mentioned. I got my results back in 11 days after they received my docs.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For me, the date they got the papers were taken into account. In the result letter this date is mentioned. I got my results back in 11 days after they received my docs.
thanks for your reply. Me sad :( again. BTW when was your CO allocated? Day when you submitted application online or payment is cleared or your CO was allocated before they received hard copies?

TIA

·
Registered
100 Posts
thanks for your reply. Me sad :( again. BTW when was your CO allocated? Day when you submitted application online or payment is cleared or your CO was allocated before they received hard copies?

TIA
Why are you sad? My status changed to Awaiting Docs after I had my payment done and when they got my paper docs, it changed to With assessor on the same day.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why are you sad? My status changed to Awaiting Docs after I had my payment done and when they got my paper docs, it changed to With assessor on the same day.
Sad because as per new info on ACS site, any application received before 27th Apr 2012 will get results fast and before 1st July 2012 for sure. So seems my application will be considered as received when they will get hard copies.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sad because as per new info on ACS site, any application received before 27th Apr 2012 will get results fast and before 1st July 2012 for sure. So seems my application will be considered as received when they will get hard copies.
Don't worry - they have to say some kind of certain date and they also say it takes 12 weeks - everyone is getting their results in 4-6 weeks currently. I am 100% sure you do not need to worry at all.

Reactions: indian01

·
Registered
740 Posts
Dnt worry Indian...

You would get result in max 4-6 weeks... these days there are really quick..

I used Fedex courier...

·
Registered
346 Posts
In general the service provided ACS is much faster than the "service standard". The standard requires them to have all applications processed within 12 weeks, the usually do it in half time or less. So don't stress about it too much. The case is the same with most professional bodies, the council or the board sets a minimum standard and they all usually do it faster than that, as long as all documents are in order.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not to worry mate. They have to mention a date so they did - nothing too serious!

I applied for a business school in 2008 in Sydney - same situation - they said its okay if the documents are received on Monday. If the online form is submitted on time - they really understand for a day or two.

Courier services in India are good, you just have to stay away from DTDC, TNT, First Flight etc. FedEx is probably the best choice.

I too sent over my documents yesterday - if they get delivered on Friday - good else Monday surely.

B/w I was not allotted a CO, seems like a lot of application in-rush.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.