Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have been trawling through the net to really understand my position and my risk on account of the impending SOL revision. I have an ACS + assessment (2611111 Business Analyst) and am awaiting IELTS results (all 8 score).

The key questions I have are:

(a) If I apply with 65 probable points in early March for 175 and my occupation goes off the list [and simultaneously EOI is introduced], then will my processing continue?

(b) If the answer to (a) above is no, then am I better off applying for 176 (Victoria) as I can expect processing to be completed by June, 2012?

I am getting conflicting opinions on the net. On the one hand we have these discussions-
This link [http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/131164-general-skilled-migration-future-13.html] clearly states that it does not matter if your occupation goes off SOL after July as long as you have applied by July.

On the other hand the link here [http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...pats-living-australia/98085-175-176-a-4.html] states that you will be relegated to priority 5 after july if your occupation goes off the list.

Would really appreciate your opinion on this. I won't be surprised if there is no unanimity on this :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Logically, it should not effect the applications lodged by 30 June, 2012. That's what happens in case of any immigration rules changes in the UK. New rules always applies to the new applications.

I am not sure in the case of Australia to be honest. There are 2 different opinions here in the forum.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
msvayani said:
Logically, it should not effect the applications lodged by 30 June, 2012. That's what happens in case of any immigration rules changes in the UK. New rules always applies to the new applications.

I am not sure in the case of Australia to be honest. There are 2 different opinions here in the forum.
Yeah. Even for Canada it is like that. Your application is locked to the rules prevalent when you apply. In fact, I had blissfully assumed that that was the case with aus and I have procrastinated. Now I feel trapped.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
You should have gone to the DIAC site directly and put to rest all your fears and confusions..:)

This is what the DIAC has clearly stated: "....If you lodged a visa application prior to 1 July 2012, it will be processed according to the priority processing direction in effect at the time your visa application is processed."
The link fof this info is SkillSelect

Also if your occupation goes off-list; you will not be affected by it bcoz you would have applied BEFORE the occ.went off-list..so there is no need to worry..

176 visas are getting processed at a much much faster rate then previously anticipated so it would make sense to apply for it IF you are in a hurry to go to Austr.:)
If not then you can wait for 175 visa which has the advantage of giving you the freedom to work anywhere in Austr.

Nobody can predict the Priority list and what it will be like in July 2012..
it might happen that 176 visa's priority goes down and 175 visa's priority goes up..so nobody can predict this for sure..
you just gotta believe in the good things..:)

Hi all,
I have been trawling through the net to really understand my position and my risk on account of the impending SOL revision. I have an ACS + assessment (2611111 Business Analyst) and am awaiting IELTS results (all 8 score).

(a) If I apply with 65 probable points in early March for 175 and my occupation goes off the list [and simultaneously EOI is introduced], then will my processing continue?

(b) If the answer to (a) above is no, then am I better off applying for 176 (Victoria) as I can expect processing to be completed by June, 2012?

I am getting conflicting opinions on the net. On the one hand we have these discussions-
This link [http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/131164-general-skilled-migration-future-13.html] clearly states that it does not matter if your occupation goes off SOL after July as long as you have applied by July.

On the other hand the link here [http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...pats-living-australia/98085-175-176-a-4.html] states that you will be relegated to priority 5 after july if your occupation goes off the list.

Would really appreciate your opinion on this. I won't be surprised if there is no unanimity on this :)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lifeisgood said:
You should have gone to the DIAC site directly and put to rest all your fears and confusions..:)

This is what the DIAC has clearly stated: "....If you lodged a visa application prior to 1 July 2012, it will be processed according to the priority processing direction in effect at the time your visa application is processed."
The link fof this info is SkillSelect

Also if your occupation goes off-list; you will not be affected by it bcoz you would have applied BEFORE the occ.went off-list..so there is no need to worry..

176 visas are getting processed at a much much faster rate then previously anticipated so it would make sense to apply for it IF you are in a hurry to go to Austr.:)
If not then you can wait for 175 visa which has the advantage of giving you the freedom to work anywhere in Austr.

Nobody can predict the Priority list and what it will be like in July 2012..
it might happen that 176 visa's priority goes down and 175 visa's priority goes up..so nobody can predict this for sure..
you just gotta believe in the good things..:)
Thanks, lifesgood and sorry if I am sounding daft :)
The DIAC site states that the visa application will be processed according to the priority processing in effect at the time the application is processed. It is also true that the priority processing may get altered if rules change midway.
Thus I think while application will continue to be processed even if occupation goes off list, the priority of the application will most surely fall to 5. The application will not be dismissed but will only be taken up years later.
Again sorry for being persistent but I am just trying to get to the truth of the matter.
To me it looks like the only foolproof way to get a visa is to go for the 176 option as chances are high it will be processed by July.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
thats fine..dont worry..you can keep on asking until you feel satisfied..nobody's an expert here and I do not mind at all if you ask for specific proof and links bcoz thats the only way to verify ..:)
and you are rite abt 176 visa..it seems to be the only visa at the moment which will get processed within a couple of weeks and you can sure of getting a visa in 2 -3 months(even less sometimes)..:)

The DIAC site states that the visa application will be processed according to the priority processing in effect at the time the application is processed. It is also true that the priority processing may get altered if rules change midway.
Thus I think while application will continue to be processed even if occupation goes off list, the priority of the application will most surely fall to 5. The application will not be dismissed but will only be taken up years later.
Again sorry for being persistent but I am just trying to get to the truth of the matter.
To me it looks like the only foolproof way to get a visa is to go for the 176 option as chances are high it will be processed by July.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Best of luck!

I am a newbie here who has applied for Vic and NSW sponsorship (Software Engineer 261313) only yesterday (Mar 9, 2012). Until today, July 2012 meant Expression of Interest stuff but I didn't know that ICT occupations might also be taken off the 2012 SOL. I always thought that ICT will be untouched for many more years.

Wish you good luck! You have a great IELTS score that distinguishes your application from others so you should be positive that you get VIC SS.

I want NSW SS more than VIC SS because Sydney is the Financial Services hub and my experience is in that domain. Fingers crossed!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Unless I got it wrong, I read some thread which said that if an occupation is removed from SOL, it might still be available via SS route.

175 visa is based on SOL schedule 1
176 visa is based on SOL schedule 1 + SOL schedule 2

I see that current schedule 2 has few occupations that are missing in Schedule 1 (e.g. Software Tester). Going by this, the optimist in me feels that even if ICT occupations are removed from SOL, they will be available via 176 route for 2012.

I have 75 points without state sponsorship and I am waiting for result from VIC or NSW (applied Mar 9 2012)

·
Registered
179 Posts
@sraza can we apply to two states for ss at the same time? can u provide me a link for eligibility for state sponsorship for nsw n whats the timeline please?
thanks
Yes, you can apply to more than one State at a time. When filling application for one state, do not declare that you are applying for others. AFAIK, only Victoria asks the applicant to declare if he/she is applying for other states.

Here is the link to NSW sponsorship.
Skilled sponsored migration - NSW Trade & Investment: Business in NSW

NSW charges $300 AUD for application fees and their timeline is usually 3-4 weeks. Victoria takes upto 12 weeks but mostly at least 7 weeks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
HI All,

I went through this Post and came across that you guys got the good IELTS score. I have been struggling getting IELTS score 8 for all bands.

Could you please help me easy way to get score 8 in all bands.

thanks in anticipation!!!

Regards
ind2aus

·
Registered
179 Posts
HI All,

I went through this Post and came across that you guys got the good IELTS score. I have been struggling getting IELTS score 8 for all bands.

Regards
ind2aus
Here is my thread on writing.
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...alia/105568-ielts-getting-band-8-writing.html

And here is another by sandeepraj
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...010-i-can-help-people-ielts-3.html#post783296

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ind2aus said:
HI All,

Regards
ind2aus
1. Practice lots of previous papers. You can download them from rapidshare.
2. Reading is tough because you can make only 2-3 mistakes for an 8
3. Writing- paragraphs, grammar, number of words, vocabulary are important criterion
4. Speaking- you should be fine if you are good at talking about dumb topics like "your shopping experience", "your favourite teacher", etc. again, grammar is key.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
34 Posts
HI All,

I got the ACS positive result for Software Engineer last year. I did not sit for IELTS as lack of confidence. I am going to give the IELTS test in JUN. I have to get the score of Band 8 in all the modules, if not, I can not log DIAC application before Jul 01,2012.

I am afraid of that whether my skill set (Software Engineer) will be in the SOL list after Jul 01,2012 or not.

please suggest me.

Regards
ind2aus

·
Registered
91 Posts
Dear ind2aus, If you cant score 8 in all modules of IELTS, you will be 10 points short. If you can score a 7 in all + consider adding your spouse for 5 points + take up state sponsorship for 5 more. However, now the state sponsorship is almost impossible as you have to apply before June 30. Check the time lines for each of the state sponsoring your occupation

All the Best

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi all,

Hi
I have a question - when it comes to applying for 176 before 01Jul'2012...does this mean apply and Upload ALL dox ..before this date or just apply and you still have some time to upload the dox..
Which would apply?!?!?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
anm said:
Hi
I have a question - when it comes to applying for 176 before 01Jul'2012...does this mean apply and Upload ALL dox ..before this date or just apply and you still have some time to upload the dox..
Which would apply?!?!?
You will still have time BUT you MUST have completed IELTS and skills assessment on the date of application. Other uploads can wait.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
354 Posts
Guys,

I am currently waiting for my IELTS results (June 8th) and i have got my ACS Assessment done for 261311 (Analyst Programmer). I do wish i score min 7 in all bands and i be able to file the petition at the earliest.

I am sure i won't be able to have either NSW or VIC sponsorship by 1st July. In this scenario, what do you guys suggest?

Should i file for 175 (or) go for 176?

I am in no hurry to migrate as such. All i am looking at is a sure chance of getting a PR and travelling there maybe after 8-10 months time.

I seriously regret to have waited for IELTS exam until the ACS results had come :(

Let me know what i can do guys !!

Regards
Ananth

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.