Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am currently on a Tier 5 visa, which is set to expire September 8. I am going to be applying for an FLR (M) as my partner is British and we would like to stay here for a few more years.

My concern is that my visa application may not be accepted (I'm sure that is everyone's main concern!). We have been advised to apply on the day/as close as possible to the day my visa expires because my partner and I have been living together just shy of two years (and by shy I mean 18 days from when my visa expires). Has anyone else come across this kind of thing? We are able to provide documentation of our relationship prior to the last two years and have been told that this would be sufficient but I can't help but wonder. Would love some feed back!

Also, if I am able to get in on the 8th (I am putting the application through this week) and my visa is denied, how long do I have to leave the country? By the way, I am applying in person.

Sorry if these questions naive, but any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks,
Rebecca :)

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
You could appeal within 14 days if that's your wish (and if you were denied on grounds that you haven't been living together long enough, it may be worthwhile) but I believe you'll typically get 28 days (starting from the date of refusal) to leave the UK if your visa is refused

Reactions: thehistorypress

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Hopefully not! Best to be prepared of course, but no use in worrying... Best of luck

Reactions: thehistorypress

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm worried about mine as well. My YMS will expired on 29th October. I planned to apply for the visa via premium service on the same day, but turned out its a Sunday. So I'll have to do it on the Friday and I'll be 2 days short.
I've heard they're very strict about that 24 months living together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.