Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm researching the spousal visa option to immigrant to the UK from Canada, my husband is British & living in England. I've been scouring the gov.uk website & have a list of supporting docs/information we need to provide, but no actual forms to fill out...

How do we go about providing this information? Are there forms available to be completed, or do we just compile the information ourselves & cross our fingers that it's been done correctly??

Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you!!

·
Registered
39,104 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly the kind of form I've been looking for, thank you!

I've created an account already as you mentioned, I just figured there had to be more to the process than the fields I've filled out online.

Did you immigrate to the UK as a spouse or sponsor your spouse? If so did you use a lawyer to check everything first or just apply from the online site?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi All,

I'm researching the spousal visa option to immigrant to the UK from Canada, my husband is British & living in England. I've been scouring the gov.uk website & have a list of supporting docs/information we need to provide, but no actual forms to fill out...

How do we go about providing this information? Are there forms available to be completed, or do we just compile the information ourselves & cross our fingers that it's been done correctly??

Any advice will be much appreciated. Thank you!!
Hopefully in your search you came across this page

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigra...endix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

That has everything you need.

Nowadays it is usual for all supporting evidence to be sent direct to Sheffield.

My wife applied in Russia and I brought everything back to the UK and sent it to Sheffield on her behalf. This is allowed. I do not know the exact process for Canada whether they can scan everything at the VAC for you or not. You can of course opt to send everything from Canada if it must go to Sheffield. My document package including copies weighed 3.2 kg!!

I'm happy to share a list of all the supporting docs we sent if you like.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hadn't come across that page yet, thank you!! Would you mind PMing me the list of supporting docs you & your wife sent?? That would be a great help!! Thank you so much :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.