Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

This is purely for selfish reasons - and because I am nosey,

When you moved anywhere from the UK what one thing (or two or three etc) did you look back and think "I wish I would have brought that" - because you either cannot get it there or it is not as good, or you just think it may have been useful?????

For the people that are not happy where they are do not answer brain - you have a choice!!!!!!!

Micki

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Now Micki I am surprised at you saying we have a choice... no one here knows the next persons circumstances... I might be wanted by the police... I might owe the tax man huge money. I could be contracted here and not be able to get out of it. We may have a choice but this could be the lesser of two evils!

Wundaweb and a selection of buttons....
books of stamps
olbas oil
fake tan
eco dusters
moth killer... the lavender smelling ones that you hang in your wardrobe.

Maiden

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Now Micki I am surprised at you saying we have a choice... no one here knows the next persons circumstances... I might be wanted by the police... I might owe the tax man huge money. I could be contracted here and not be able to get out of it. We may have a choice but this could be the lesser of two evils!

books of stamps
olbas oil
fake tan
eco dusters

Maiden
I agree, you never know how things are with anyone, you think you do, but that's all it's about, thoughts, not facts.

But "Fake tan"?? Are you serious?? With the burning sun in here??!

The moth killer thing, you can find it in here, but not sure about the lavender thing though

·
Registered
607 Posts

I was about to say exactly the same thing - fake tan?! I guess if you want some colour during the winter months or you don't want to go in the sun.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Hi All,

This is purely for selfish reasons - and because I am nosey,

When you moved anywhere from the UK what one thing (or two or three etc) did you look back and think "I wish I would have brought that" - because you either cannot get it there or it is not as good, or you just think it may have been useful?????

For the people that are not happy where they are do not answer brain - you have a choice!!!!!!!

Micki
OK my list is:-
- Potato Masher
- Block of "proper job" strong Cheddar Cheese
- Branston (of course!!!!)

brought all 3 back last weekend !!!!:clap2:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts

books of stamps
olbas oil
fake tan
eco dusters

Maiden
Fake Tan - :D
With your complexion and coming from the Frozen North - I can see why you should not be allowed out in the sun!!!!!!!
After (x) years here, you would have thought sunstroke would not :nono: be on the agenda. . . .. :eyebrows:

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
I agree, you never know how things are with anyone, you think you do, but that's all it's about, thoughts, not facts.

The moth killer thing, you can find it in here, but not sure about the lavender thing though

Yes I know about the moth balls etc's but it's the lavender one that I like

Burning sun should say it all really... it's bad for you!!!
Maiden

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your quite right Maiden, but you still have a choice as to what country you run to - it was not meant to offend just a question !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

books of stamps
olbas oil
fake tan
eco dusters

Maiden

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Potato Masher - can you get them there - right note to self take a potato masher :)

Micki

OK my list is:-
- Potato Masher
- Block of "proper job" strong Cheddar Cheese
- Branston (of course!!!!)

brought all 3 back last weekend !!!!:clap2:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Yes I know about the moth balls etc's but it's the lavender one that I like

Burning sun should say it all really... it's bad for you!!!
Maiden
Now I can understand why you mentioned the “fake tan thing”!

I do know what Skin cancer is, but I never thought of it since the burning sun is one of the fixed facts in here, and it’s impossible to avoid it……….

Think God is really merciful then :D not many Egyptians get the Skin cancer, I think that bodies adapt with surroundings, it’s like having extra immunity towards the burning sun, the vegetables and fruits that are flooding with chemical cra*, really poisoned water , etc, and last but not least, the stomach that literally crushes everything :D

Have a nice time everyone.

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Now I can understand why you mentioned the “fake tan thing”!

I do know what Skin cancer is, but I never thought of it since the burning sun is one of the fixed facts in here, and it’s impossible to avoid it……….

Think God is really merciful then :D not many Egyptians get the Skin cancer, I think that bodies adapt with surroundings, it’s like having extra immunity towards the burning sun, the vegetables and fruits that are flooding with chemical cra*, really poisoned water , etc, and last but not least, the stomach that literally crushes everything :D

Have a nice time everyone.

It is possible to live here and not tan/burn.... you should see me in July, I am still milky white unless of course I have gotten hold of some fake tan lol

Maiden

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
It is possible to live here and not tan/burn.... you should see me in July, I am still milky white unless of course I have gotten hold of some fake tan lol

Maiden
Well, with all respect to you and your opinion, but you got a car with a driver, not just a car, if you ever tried just driving ( I won't say dumping both the car and the driver) then you'd know that it's not possible :D

I do not have a car, not planning to have one either, and I always use "micro bus" not the buses or trains to go anywhere, they're faster and more comfortable for me (And its drivers' behavior while driving is really amusing, their way of changing lanes or technical things like that is really funny, not to mention the kinda music they listen to :D) But I usually travel at night for any long distance trip, but when I have to go somewhere during the day??? When I get back home I can see that I got 2 arms that look completely different, one totally dark and the other is my real arm :D

I HATE summer by the way, and lucky me, the whole damn year feels like summer in here! Even months when it's supposed to be "winter" it's a burning sun!!!!

Have a nice time.

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Well, with all respect to you and your opinion, but you got a car with a driver, not just a car, if you ever tried just driving ( I won't say dumping both the car and the driver) then you'd know that it's not possible :D

I do not have a car, not planning to have one either, and I always use "micro bus" not the buses or trains to go anywhere, they're faster and more comfortable for me (And its drivers' behavior while driving is really amusing, their way of changing lanes or technical things like that is really funny, not to mention the kinda music they listen to :D) But I usually travel at night for any long distance trip, but when I have to go somewhere during the day??? When I get back home I can see that I got 2 arms that look completely different, one totally dark and the other is my real arm :D

I HATE summer by the way, and lucky me, the whole damn year feels like summer in here! Even months when it's supposed to be "winter" it's a burning sun!!!!

Have a nice time.
hey I slum it and use taxis as well lol cos there is no way my driver will ever know what time I return home at night lol

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
hey I slum it and use taxis as well lol cos there is no way my driver will ever know what time I return home at night lol
There's no sun at night :p :D :D

And you should call the driver if you're late or if he's not there when he's needed, it's his job :D

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
There's no sun at night :p :D :D

And you should call the driver if you're late or if he's not there when he's needed, it's his job :D

Deadguy,

I don't want my driver at night for the simple reason Egyptian drivers are the biggest gossips and what they don't know they surmise. One of the drivers even had the cheek to open my blood tests results after he collected them!

Maiden

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Deadguy,

I don't want my driver at night for the simple reason Egyptian drivers are the biggest gossips and what they don't know they surmise. One of the drivers even had the cheek to open my blood tests results after he collected them!

Maiden

Well, unless your test’s results were printed in Arabic, simplified Arabic too, not just Arabic, then I don’t think that your privacy was “that” violated, may be I'm wrong, but I seriously doubt that your driver "reads" English, speaks may be, but reads it? Doubt it :D

You told me before that you do know why Egyptians do the stupid things that they usually do, so I won’t talk about why I think he did that or what I think you should’ve done about it, but I definitely hope that you did take the right action with him when you knew what he did (Should say the right REACTION since the action was him deciding to be stupid enough to think he can look YOUR results! Not to mention being extra stupid to think that he’d just walk away with doing that!!)

May be you should take your chances and………………… learn the special techniques of…………… “Driving” in here??? :D

I got a specific kind of allergy, you should be thankful that you're not having it though, cause if you did?? You'd be dead long time ago :D

Have a nice time in here, you and everyone else

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Well, unless your test’s results were printed in Arabic, simplified Arabic too, not just Arabic, then I don’t think that your privacy was “that” violated, may be I'm wrong, but I seriously doubt that your driver "reads" English, speaks may be, but reads it? Doubt it :D

You told me before that you do know why Egyptians do the stupid things that they usually do, so I won’t talk about why I think he did that or what I think you should’ve done about it, but I definitely hope that you did take the right action with him when you knew what he did (Should say the right REACTION since the action was him deciding to be stupid enough to think he can look YOUR results! Not to mention being extra stupid to think that he’d just walk away with doing that!!)

May be you should take your chances and………………… learn the special techniques of…………… “Driving” in here??? :D

I got a specific kind of allergy, you should be thankful that you're not having it though, cause if you did?? You'd be dead long time ago :D

Have a nice time in here, you and everyone else

Regardless of the written word my privacy was violated.. he looked at something that didn't belong to him but saying that putting your nose into someone else's business is the order of the day her, only yesterday my washing machine was delivered and the boab helped bring it up to my apartment and then he sat down at the kitchen table to overlook the engineer signing the receipt and then told me that I had paid too much lol.
Yes... the driver will not do it again.. I slapped him with the envelope. This is one horrible man, the other drivers don't like him!!

Maiden

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Regardless of the written word my privacy was violated.. he looked at something that didn't belong to him but saying that putting your nose into someone else's business is the order of the day her, only yesterday my washing machine was delivered and the boab helped bring it up to my apartment and then he sat down at the kitchen table to overlook the engineer signing the receipt and then told me that I had paid too much lol.
Yes... the driver will not do it again.. I slapped him with the envelope. This is one horrible man, the other drivers don't like him!!

Maiden

Yes, I know that your privacy was violated, I already said that :D

And yes, I know that people are very curious in here, and I always tell people who try to stick their noses into my business “Curiosity will get you killed one day”!!! But they never get it for some reason…………

As for the “I slapped him with the envelope” :D Not bad, but you really think that it would do any good with a creature of “that” kind??

You’ve mentioned in one of your posts in another thread that your “boab” tells you that you shouldn’t trust anyone that he thinks you’re tipping more than you’re tipping his Majesty, so of course if you’ve noticed the rhythm, then you’d have seen something like “Other drivers wouldn’t like him” coming :S

Don’t mean to be rude or anything, you are doing ok so far, but I think that there’s a lot more that you need to learn in here, just hope that you and everyone else in here learn what they need to learn the easy way, not the hard way :)

Good luck in here

1 - 20 of 40 Posts