Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use Orange at the moment for broadband (Madrid region), but the "broad" part is a lie, such that I cannot even rely on Skype to provide reasonable call quality. I´d like to move away from Orange now that my first year is nearly up, but as they bundle in 300 minutes of international calls to landlines and I use the lions share of that in calling the UK it looks like it might cost me.

Does anyone know of any other provider that does a similar bundle, or does anyone use a reliable third-party landline service (ie one of those where you pre-dial a number) to call back to the UK?

Thanks!
Graham

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We use Skype and have done for about 5 years.....fantastic service.....very reliable....have never had any problems...
Sorry if I wasn´t clear - the "broadband" connection is too poor for Skype to work reliably, the problem is not Skype itself. Fouls up whenever there´s football on, for example. I´m not convinced that changing from Orange will solve the problem (since I presume everyone is selling you the same actual service in the end), but I´d rather pay a bit less for the "privilege".

·
Registered
958 Posts
I use Orange at the moment for broadband (Madrid region), but the "broad" part is a lie, such that I cannot even rely on Skype to provide reasonable call quality. I´d like to move away from Orange now that my first year is nearly up, but as they bundle in 300 minutes of international calls to landlines and I use the lions share of that in calling the UK it looks like it might cost me.

Does anyone know of any other provider that does a similar bundle, or does anyone use a reliable third-party landline service (ie one of those where you pre-dial a number) to call back to the UK?

Thanks!
Graham
Try EWTelco you might be pleasantly surprised.Spantel are not too bad but you have to look out for the hidden extra's.Regards.SB.

·
Registered
513 Posts
If you take up Movistar Fusion, you can then register for international calls - for something like one euro a quarter, calls to landlines overseas are just 5 cents a minute.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
We use Broadband 4 Spain - all International calls to landlines are free......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts