Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you do for Christmas?

Just thought it may be interesting to see what we have planned for Christmas, Do you spend the time with family and friends, or are you planning to go away this year?

Where will you be?

Whats traditional in your family, do you have something that you do every year?

:)

·
Super Moderator
5,063 Posts
Christmas in my own home.
Having spent many years travelling the world and being away for Christmas that is a must.
We are both Christmas nuts so when we were house hunting the first thought was "will the lounge take our 8' high (5' diameter) Christmas tree"?
Roast capon on the menu.
The last couple of years we have had our Christmas meal on December 27th. My son's new wife came with two children so the spend Christmas in Oxfordshire and then the children spend the rest of the time up to Jan 2nd with their Dad. Will and his wife fly down on the 27th.

We still have our Christmas Day lunch with friends.at our home.. generally a turkey crown.

We even have the roast parsnips...courtesy of the English shop at Tornada

·
Banned
905 Posts
Hi Derek

It's not about this Christmas that i am concerned about but next Christmas. next Chrstmas will be the first in my new home just outside of Gois. Next christmas i have a party to go to in TOMAR "i hope" Should this one prove a success.

I may have guest's as i amsure you have read my plans. It would be nice as it's my first Christmas to host a party in Gois for family and friends.

So it's next Christmas not this i am looking forward to.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My wife and I usually go on a whirlwind of family visits (family being both complex and geographically dispersed) - we try to get these out the way by Christmas Eve. Christmas Eve night is spent wrapping each others gifts (we try to go on a theme of something to read, something to do, something to play,something to eat etc..which can be done on whatever budget we happen to have!)

Then it's champagne and getting misty eyed watching the carols on TV.

Up early on Christmas day, just the two of us, pink champagne, open presents, phone / skype the family, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs. Get dressed, play with presents while the turkey cooks, eastenders, Christmas dinner, board games. Lots of being thankful, peace on earth etc. etc.

I hope that this Christmas will be like the one above, just being the first one here in Portugal, perhaps a little warmer than we are used to!

B

1 - 11 of 11 Posts