·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh, it's full of whales !!

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I dont fancy germany much either. In fact I cant say that I'm really into travelling the world. I like Spain, I like france and I'm from England!

Jo xxx

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
I hate the actual traveling bit....but I do love visiting new places!
But Felix...30 different countries! Wow!! I've probably been to that many different cities....got South Africa and South America next on my list!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Just aded them up and it`s 31 so far and should add another 3 next year. I think watch Aircraft take off and land for the last 20 years has made me love to travel. My goal is a fairly simple one I guess and that is to travel to the same number of countries as my age. Lets hope that I don`t live to 90 though haha!!

·
Banned
6,690 Posts
There's no country I wouldn't want to visit. I see the glass as half full not half empty. In terms of countries visited, erm... 26 I think, so not up there with Felix yet.

I'd love to see Iraq, Iran and Eritrea (the most beautiful girls in Africa come from Eritrea) as to how long I'd stay there - well that's a different matter, one I'd be nervous of going to is Yemen, I reckon I could manage most others.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
I dont think there is a country I would not like to visit. Live would be another story but visiting is just seeing the 'good' of a place overall.

If I had to say any, would be a country where there is a high chance of being stuck in a prison for long periods of time for no other reason then being american at the wrong place, wrong time.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Falklands - seems like a hassle to get there and probably not much to see.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
In the past I said any country that has the death penalty, because being a tourist there = you support the local economy = indirectly, through VAT etc, you support the government who thinks they can just take somebody's life.

I have more or less reviewed that opinion to countries only that use the death penalty on frequent basis. Otherwise, if I take this too strictly, I'd need to remove places like Mongolia, Lebanon, Jordan, etc from the list and those places attract me a bit too much to want to skip them. So instead the blacklist contains only those countries that are war-torn or where the dislike with the government is just too strong. I would for example not mind visiting California or Lebanon, they have the death penalty but use it quite rarely.

Countries and areas I'd not like to visit:

Texas
Florida
Ohio
Somalia (at least while the war's ongoing, once peace has been restored I'd not mind visiting)
Afghanistan (idem dito)
Saudi Arabia (but would LOVE to visit as soon as the local laws become a bit more flexible)
Singapore

In theory North Korea should be on that list, but somehow the place fascinates me because it's so unlike any other country in the world. This is one where I'm divided between my principles of not supporting cruel regimes, but on the other hand being very fascinated and curious at the same time.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts