Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time this year our regional city is having a New Year's Eve party. It's taken years for a committee to be able to organise this and it's for the entire family.

There's wrestling, local bands, stalls, food and two lots of fireworks (one for kids at 9pm and another at midnight). I'm surprised that they are allowed fireworks during the fire ban and I guess it may depend on the bush fire rating that day since before fireworks have been cancelled elsewhere due to high fire risk.

We're going to that New Year's Eve party and will probably be in the catering van for part of the time with Rotary (which is a good laugh in itself :) ).

How are you spending New Year's Eve?

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Not sure now, No1 son has had infected ears and throat for around 10 days, was diagnosed with toncilitus yesterday, back to the docs today as he had a full body rash this morning to be told he now has glandular fever! Bless him, he's in a poorly way..... no energy, high temperature, sore throat......so I'll be playing nurse NYE.

Sounds like you'll have a great time....enjoy!

Dolly

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hope No 1 son recovers soon! Poor thing!

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
aww.. poor thing. hope he recovers soon.
have a blast karen.. I dont know what would we be doing. OH wants to go out and i am not too keen, all eve bashes are the same, drink, eat, music get wasted. hehe.. probably have friends over, have a bonfire, sing, guitar, music.. thats what i have in mind for now. all i need is to gather people :p

Cheers
Anj

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Have a great time Anj whatever you end up doing.....

Dolly

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi guys hope you have a brill time and Dolly, hope your son feels better before New Year.

We're having a quiet New Year just me, Mark and the Kids. After that we have a few busy days as we've been invited round friends and family's for dinner & drinks so that we can say our goodbyes etc. Not too sure whether we'll be able to keep up as we've all had the bug and just recovering....lol

Have a happy New Year and may the next year bring you more joy and happiness

XX Satty:love:

·
Registered
619 Posts
For the first time this year our regional city is having a New Year's Eve party. It's taken years for a committee to be able to organise this and it's for the entire family.

There's wrestling, local bands, stalls, food and two lots of fireworks (one for kids at 9pm and another at midnight). I'm surprised that they are allowed fireworks during the fire ban and I guess it may depend on the bush fire rating that day since before fireworks have been cancelled elsewhere due to high fire risk.

We're going to that New Year's Eve party and will probably be in the catering van for part of the time with Rotary (which is a good laugh in itself :) ).

How are you spending New Year's Eve?

Regards,
Karen

Well, we decided upon a last minute trip to Las Vegas. We are heading out wednesday and coming back Saturday. Should be a blast. A little worried about crowds as there will be about 350,000 people roaming the streets, but we will try and find a somewhat quieter location to relax. There should be plenty of fireworks to see. Luckily no fire risk for us!

·
Registered
541 Posts
New Year 2010 Wishes to all in this Expat Forum.

This is a Special New Year celebration to me as I got the Visa and may not be here in India next year.
My College friends were I studied in 1994, even we all are married and 15 years over most of them will met at Beach in Satuardays and Sundays with family.

Today am giving a party to them as myself on a move to Australia in the coming time.
Regards
hari999999
...........................................................................................................

TRA Positive September 2007
Applied Visa 175 April 2008 (Paper visa MODL, CSL ,)
Got CO and Medicals July 2009
MEDICALS and PCC finalized July 30th 2009
Job Verification November 10th 2009
175 VISA GRANDED 22nd December 2009

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'll be attending a long-time friend's 30th birthday/NYE party (his b-day is the 3rd) at his house. A good chance to say goodbye as I'm planning to move to Sydney at end of January 2010. Then a bbq at another good friend's house on New Years Day. I will be having a lot of fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts