Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
During my stint as an english teacher, I got a couple of request for proof reading and preparing official documents (like powerpoint presentations) in English.

My question: what are good rates to charge students for:
1. Proof reading;
2. Preparing a business report-word document;
3. Powerpoint presentation.

I am very concern about the metric for charging customers, especially the power-point presentation, which especially requires creativity to be as succinct.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The use of the word "Stint" puts the rate to approximately: 001€ a word.

·
Registered
19,386 Posts
Hello all,
During my stint as an english teacher, I got a couple of request for proof reading and preparing official documents (like powerpoint presentations) in English.

My question: what are good rates to charge students for:
1. Proof reading;
2. Preparing a business report-word document;
3. Powerpoint presentation.

I am very concern about the metric for charging customers, especially the power-point presentation, which especially requires creativity to be as succinct.

Thanks for your help.
I'm in Madrid and charge 0,08 for translations, and that's not a cheap rate. Proofreading I believe is less.

Warning - There's no VAT on teaching, but there is on translating etc which gets your billing into a whole different ballgame

·
Administrator
36,510 Posts
I'm in Madrid and charge 0,08 for translations, and that's not a cheap rate. Proofreading I believe is less.

Warning - There's no VAT on teaching, but there is on translating etc which gets your billing into a whole different ballgame
yes - 21% IVA on translation work!

I have a scale of charges depending on the complexity of the document - but it's a charge per word of the finished document

there are some in my area who charge a pittance per page - but they also aren't charging IVA nor paying autónomo :mad:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts