Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to move to Australia for a long term basis. My only problem is that I have already had a working visa. I received this visa in about 2002 and never used it... not knowing that you could only get one. Currently I am a registered Animal Health Technologist (Veterinary Nurse) but my skill is not on the skilled migrant list :( So at this point I do not qualify for a working visa or a skilled migrant visa.... I tried the point system test online but I don't have enough points for that either.

I was wondering if anyone has any possibilities for me? I know that I could go there and convince a veterinary clinic to sponsor me.... but i was just wondering if there is another route for me to take?

I am in the Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada area and was also wondering if anyone knows of any migrant agents that could help me out?

Basically if you have any advice for me it would be very much appreciated!!!

thanks

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi jessimac,

In your situation I would talk to some migration agents. We have some that are on the forum (SOMV, Alan Collett and Peter) and they will usually tell you if you stand a chance or not.

First consultations are usually free.

They will be better places to access your situation and whether you can go for state sponsorship as well as employer sponsorship.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks a lot karen!

Hi jessimac,

In your situation I would talk to some migration agents. We have some that are on the forum (SOMV, Alan Collett and Peter) and they will usually tell you if you stand a chance or not.

First consultations are usually free.

They will be better places to access your situation and whether you can go for state sponsorship as well as employer sponsorship.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there,

As Karen suggested, contact an agent to see what they suggest (always make sure that the agent is MIA/MARA registered).

Getting a company to sponsor you can be quite tricky, but not impossible.

Good luck, and if you do contact an agent, let us know what they advice.

Dolly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts