Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am an Australian citizen and my girlfriend is a German citizen. We have been together for about one and a half year. We have been living together for a month.

We are planning to go to UK around May/June next year. She has already found a job in London starting in June next year. I have already applied and got a Family Permit. It is valid from mid Feb to mid August next year.

We'll definitely be engaged (she doesn't know that I have got a ring already) before our arrival in UK, but we may or may not be married by then... it'll depend on the logistics.

I intend to apply for a residence card as soon as we arrive in UK. My questions are:

1. What do you think is the likelihood of success? (Remembering that I will be arriving in UK on a family permit, but on the other hand, we might not officially married and we would not, at the time of application, have been living together for 2 years (even though we would have been in a relationship for 2 years)).

2. How long do the application take usually? (I understand 6 month is supposedly the upper limit of the wait).

3. What happens when the Family Permit expires and the residence card application isn't yet processed? Do I have to leave the country? Can I still continue working?

Thank you very much for your time and help!!!

Dennis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.