Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

First post :)

Just looking for some advice and tips from anyone that is currently working in EHS out in Dubai. What is this like out there? Is it similar to uk and USA regs?

I currently work in the oil and gas industry (for a large multinational) and have done for the last 14 months.(im 22 years old) Started as an assistant to a site lead in the uk and started working on global implementation of a lifting and slinging programme across our 6 main workshop facilities. So I know a fair amount about Uk LOLER regs and trained to appointed person level (plan lifts etc) along with other global projects thrown in

I am nebosh qualified and have a relevant degree. Currently supporting the Asia pacific Region with EHS . So currently working in china. Always fancied working in Dubai and my connecting flight through Dubai on my recent trip has pushed me to start applying. Along with nebosh I have environmental awareness and waste disposal training.

Anyone in the field of work or anyone who knows anything about it, think I need any more qualifications to help me secure a job over there?

Any help and advice is appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
831 Posts
Cooks123 said:
Hi all, First post :) Just looking for some advice and tips from anyone that is currently working in EHS out in Dubai. What is this like out there? Is it similar to uk and USA regs? I currently work in the oil and gas industry (for a large multinational) and have done for the last 14 months.(im 22 years old) Started as an assistant to a site lead in the uk and started working on global implementation of a lifting and slinging programme across our 6 main workshop facilities. So I know a fair amount about Uk LOLER regs and trained to appointed person level (plan lifts etc) along with other global projects thrown in I am nebosh qualified and have a relevant degree. Currently supporting the Asia pacific Region with EHS . So currently working in china. Always fancied working in Dubai and my connecting flight through Dubai on my recent trip has pushed me to start applying. Along with nebosh I have environmental awareness and waste disposal training. Anyone in the field of work or anyone who knows anything about it, think I need any more qualifications to help me secure a job over there? Any help and advice is appreciated Thanks
You will be up against cheaper guys with similar qualifications, MIOSH might help?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will be up against cheaper guys with similar qualifications, MIOSH might help?
Yes I an looking towards miosh as the next step. Hmmmm that's a shame that there will be cheaper comp. a lot of the jobs advertised are 20-25000 aed monthly. Thanks for your advice though!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No that's a good wage.

What level/number of years would you be looking for In the construction industry?

·
Registered
864 Posts
to qualify for 25k+ in HSE, at least 10+ years of experience from what I have seen...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Ah I see some adverts I have seen on indeed are a minimum of two years ex. Which I will have once I start the process. But thanks for giving me some realisation that this won't be possible just yet :).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts