Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just a couple of quick questions. I was wondering what a "good" average annual salary for IT professionals is near Nice, France? What is a good acceptable salary range that a family of 3 can "comfortably" live on?

Also I understand two bedroom apartments outside Nice (near for example Valbonne) go for between 800 - 1,400 euros. Do these typically include all utilities - heat, water, phone, etc?

I am in a non-EU country and deciding on whether to migrate to France. Do non-EU residents in France pay different taxes?

Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Regarding the salary, i can't help you. It all depends of your experience.
The rent usually doesnt cover electricity, water and phone.
Regarding the taxes, you will probably have to pay some, since you will be living and working in france however you better check on governement website for this matter.
good luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Regarding the salary, i can't help you. It all depends of your experience.
The rent usually doesnt cover electricity, water and phone.
Regarding the taxes, you will probably have to pay some, since you will be living and working in france however you better check on governement website for this matter.
good luck.
First you need to have a job offer to be able to stay in France, legally.

Once you have a job offer, you can begin applying for an apartment (craigslist might give you an idea of prices) but in order to be allowed to rent you have to prove your income will be 3 times the amount of the rent.

You will have to pay taxes, also you pay towards your insurance through your employer.

A comfortable standard of living really depends on what you want. Certain things such as cars, gasoline/petrol are expensive while public transit, bread is cheaper. Private school is quite expensive for kids.

According to a website (PayScale - France Salary Survey - Median Income in France), an IT could earn 41,659 Euros a year. HOWEVER, if you don't speak French, finding a job will be nearly impossible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.