Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hi Friends,
I am Moon, a new member to this place, I be loved thinking of the living in Australia...please could I collect some experiences from you?
I appreciate any your advise
thank you
Moon
If you have good income and live in big cities, life can be good. If not, life is not good.

Life in Australia is...dull. If you like the nature, there's plenty here because a lot of it is not inhabited.

And, in Australia, expect that you'll pay more, but get less. Money doesn't have good value here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have good income and live in big cities, life can be good. If not, life is not good.

Life in Australia is...dull. If you like the nature, there's plenty here because a lot of it is not inhabited.

And, in Australia, expect that you'll pay more, but get less. Money doesn't have good value here.
Hi Sennara,
I thank you for your quickly replying!
Yes, I love the nature and dull , I like planted works, I had looking ater some interesting trees in my house in Vietnam...
Is it easy to get a good income in Australia? I think I can get a job in Australia, I was working as a designer in Vietnam and I have good abilities in my works, so that can I get a job in Australia?
I had been having a good income in Vietnam but I don't know is it easy to get a good income in Australia with my workings?
Thank you again and hope can hear more from you

·
Registered
195 Posts
Is the food very expensive? How about cars? Whats a good salary in Australia?

Thanks in advance! :plane:
There are plenty of threads/posts reg salary however I would like to add one more article which I found quite interesting:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/mone...-rich-australian/story-e6frfmcr-1226910189131

From my own experience I know that a family gross income for a family of 5 is sufficient to live a good life in a nice area but would not allow you to put aside a lot of money each month,

Cheers

Reactions: Ms.Moon

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yes, English fluency is critical, but good command of English doesn't guarantee you a good job, given the fact most native speakers' English would be better. Based on what I have seen for over 3 years staying here, I think most first-generation immigrants unfortunately might find it really difficult securing a nice job.

Relying on $45,000 or under $60,000 a year in Sydney or most cities is not going to give you a very good life. Rent alone can easily take more than 30% of your income. You would not have much left to save up after all the basic cost of living. Also, more and more companies are only giving casual or contract positions. Life is full of uncertainty. Once one is out of job, life can be very tough, and it usually takes a long time to find a job.

Anyway, it's really hard to say if you can get a good job here. I can only wish us all have very good luck. It might be nice if you reach here, but it's better to prepare yourself for the reality and challenges after you reach.

Reactions: evangelist

·
Registered
1 Posts
First of all I would like to say thanks to God to come on this forum and admin to join me to this and I am very glad to be a part of it.
Because its very simple , easy to navigate and very informative posts from other members.

Thank you for all

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.