Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

What about teh in-laws?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  International_mum 
#1 ·
How easy is it to take the in-laws?
Hubby will get visa through work, can we add them? they are 60 ish and healthy. British and Dutch
And would be a great help with my 2 kids.....
Any clues?
Ta

I just realised i made them sound like pets, they are lovely really and were just about to sell up and move closer to us, and now we are upping sticks i feel bad....

#2 ·
Unless they are dependent on you (for at least the last 3 yrs) they cannot come on your visa. They will need their own PR visas.

The most common type is a parent visa:
Family - Visas & Immigration

There is a cheaper option (longer wait) and more expensive option (less wait) for parent visas.

At this time based on limited visas given per year the longer wait option is 10 yrs+ before visa grant and shorter wait option is 2 yrs+ before visa grant.

Please do a search on the forum for Parent visa.

Please note parent visas also have a balance of family test, so if more children of your in-laws live outside of AU than within you cannot sponsor them for that kind of visa.

The final possible option is the Last Remaining Relative Visa, that is if you are their only child and they have no other near relatives living outside of AU.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.