Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last nights thunderstorm certainly cleared the air, blew the cobwebs away...and scattered some of the garden furniture, the water barrel is full to the brim after only one, albeit heavy, downpour. :rain::rain:

On the plus side, the garden has had a thorough fresh water soaking, the plants have lost the dust of the hot weather and look brighter.

A sure sign, if needed, that Summer is over.

·
Super Moderator
12,556 Posts
Wouldn't it be great if the weather stayed exactly as it is now.?
The odd heavy shower at nights, temperature staying as now, all through the year. That would be the best weather imaginable.:D

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I must admit it is easier to do jobs now, even the ones you keep putting off. On saying that I have to empty the shed, put the fans away, get the heaters out... I'll just have another coffee before I start !!

It's nice to see the dogs napping without panting, time to get some good walking in.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I awoke this morning to the most beautiful day. Not a cloud in the sky, sea quite calm and the sun shining strongly. The temperature has dropped to just 18c but the freshness is a joy to behold.
Given that we live at an elevation of 480mt our view over Paphos towards the sea from our bedroom is truly stunning. I hope everything in your world is as good as mine!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Rema
I saw the title of your Post "What a storm" and thought "A fellow sufferer" but not a word about the storm!

We are a little higher up than you, I'm told 600 M and the wind sure does blow. Yesterday as you said was a perfect morning but at lunch time the wind begins to blow. The garden furniture was re-arranged a little but my daughter was upset because her best table cloth had disappeared off the washing line. We eventually found it over the garden wall in the field.

I can't manage without a workshop so after we'd settled in here I bought a garden shed. During one storm last winter while talking on the phone I heard the shed door flapping in the wind and a few seconds later having put the phone down I went out to secure it. No shed! Just a mangled heap of contents getting soaked in the rain and 30M down the drive a crumpled mass of sheet metal hard up against the front gate.

Wonderful views here but oh that wind.

·
Super Moderator
12,556 Posts
Hi Rema
I saw the title of your Post "What a storm" and thought "A fellow sufferer" but not a word about the storm!

We are a little higher up than you, I'm told 600 M and the wind sure does blow. Yesterday as you said was a perfect morning but at lunch time the wind begins to blow. The garden furniture was re-arranged a little but my daughter was upset because her best table cloth had disappeared off the washing line. We eventually found it over the garden wall in the field.

I can't manage without a workshop so after we'd settled in here I bought a garden shed. During one storm last winter while talking on the phone I heard the shed door flapping in the wind and a few seconds later having put the phone down I went out to secure it. No shed! Just a mangled heap of contents getting soaked in the rain and 30M down the drive a crumpled mass of sheet metal hard up against the front gate.

Wonderful views here but oh that wind.
The original poster of this thread is Geraldine and her post is very much about a storm.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And to prove we had a storm, the landscape up here is covered with a six o'clock shadow of green as the vegetation responds to the drenching it had.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You've reminded me of my first visit here back in 1993, three months away from the English winter. My daughter was working in Jordan at the time and invited me over for a visit. I got all excited because I'd never seen a desert. Her Boss (Omar Sharif look-alike) gave us a Mercedes and chauffer for the day and off we went down the Kings Highway through the desert. I was soo disappointed, it had rained the previous week and the desert was covered by a green carpet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.