Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 75 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so what is on your bucket list. You know, the list of things you want to do before you kick the bucket. We have been going through some of our which included learn to snow ski, do a sky dive, and the one we completed today attend the Tomatina (tomoto fight in Valencia) Plus there are some that we cant post as they were pretty private :eek: :D So come on get your thinking caps on and let the world know whats on your bucket list

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
OK....just a quick question on this for the "bucket list" rules :

a) How many are you supposed to have on your list?

b) I assume it's not just an unachievable wish list - but something you should actually be able to do, right?

Rules out of the way....thinking caps on guys!!

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Either my bucket list has been simple or I've been lucky, cos I've done most things that I've wanted to..... I'll have to think of some new ones lol!!!! The one thing I can put in my bucket is that I wanna come back and do it all again!!!!!!

Jo xxx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK....just a quick question on this for the "bucket list" rules :

a) How many are you supposed to have on your list?

b) I assume it's not just an unachievable wish list - but something you should actually be able to do, right?

Rules out of the way....thinking caps on guys!!
How many on your list? Not sure, maybe 10 things you want to do before you die, and yes they have got to be achievable, but unusal or special to you.
So eating three shredded wheat is just too easy, but to stand on the top of the south rim of the Grand Canyon and watch the sunset or even go to a nudist beach are acheivable. Ok over to you

·
Registered
896 Posts
Overland to India on the bikes.:clap2:

Iran & northern Pakistan could be a bit tricky at the mo' though:)

Doggy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Either my bucket list has been simple or I've been lucky, cos I've done most things that I've wanted to..... I'll have to think of some new ones lol!!!! The one thing I can put in my bucket is that I wanna come back and do it all again!!!!!!

Jo xxx
Excellent answer, you are very lucky. I bet there are not that many people who could honestly say that

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Bugs did a parashoot jump someyears ago it was great, i would love to do a bungee but off some big like that bridge in s/africa. The other thing i wuold like to do is go deep under water in one of the subs and see some things that live down there that you could never see unless you went down there. Paul.i.o.w

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Bugs did a parashoot jump someyears ago it was great, i would love to do a bungee but off some big like that bridge in s/africa. The other thing i wuold like to do is go deep under water in one of the subs and see some things that live down there that you could never see unless you went down there. Paul.i.o.w
They are pretty cool things to want to do. I used to scuba but lost my confidence after an accident and now just feel claustrophobic if I put a mask on, so that is one that I keep thinking about putting on my list.
Actually talking about the list, as it is everyone’s own list perhaps it should not have a limit. After all if your 98 years old your probably not going to have such a long list as a say 28 year old.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Cor blimey Bugs!!! I'm gonna have to dig real deep on this one! There are quite a few things I want to do, mainly travelling things but whether they will be acheivable I don't know???? Will get back to you on this. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cor blimey Bugs!!! I'm gonna have to dig real deep on this one! There are quite a few things I want to do, mainly travelling things but whether they will be acheivable I don't know???? Will get back to you on this. :)
It does make you think. There are loads of pretty standard things like a hot air ballon ride, get a tattoo and swim with dolphins, but how about things like share a tender kiss/ make love in the rain or talk to everyone you have loved in your life.
Some are easy and some are a little more difficult

·
Registered
336 Posts
Ok so what is on your bucket list. You know, the list of things you want to do before you kick the bucket. We have been going through some of our which included learn to snow ski, do a sky dive, and the one we completed today attend the Tomatina (tomoto fight in Valencia) Plus there are some that we cant post as they were pretty private :eek: :D So come on get your thinking caps on and let the world know whats on your bucket list
Hi all,

Just before I start my bucket list I strongly recommend the movie "The bucket list". I think Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman are on it. Great movie!

But yeah, I have done a lot of my bucket list but as I cross some to do's off I always add some new ones. I have lived in 3 countries incl Spain (and looking for a move again!), done skydiving, seen Formula1, been to Brazilian carnival parade, visited the Great Wall in China, worked for big and small companies, participated on non-profit organizations for starving kids, dated my university professor (ooops, got the wrong list!) etc.

A few things that are on the top of my bucket list are:

1. Have one (and possibly more) kid(s). I will consider adopting children, too.
2. Go on a world cruise... yeah, bloody expensive but it's much cheaper than it used to be for 128 days onboard!
3. Fly a plane! (A small one will do it - as long as it's not on flight simulator)

Cheers! :ranger:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Well, there a thousands of small things I still want to do - a lot of them personal, and some not printable!

But Ive always wanted to go over to Canada and take a boat out to sea to watch the whales.....ever since I watched a movie years ago Ive dreamt of visiting New England in the fall (all those beautiful colours on the trees) - but I would only want to do that with my OH...

Ive had some advantages in my life (not financial ones lol) .. and that always compelled me to work with disadvantaged young people which I have done as a paid job - but would love to work as a volunteer overseas for Unicef or Save the Children - even if only for a year.

And it sounds corny and cheesey - but I want to see my 2 children have their own children so I can be a grandma! :D

Sue x :love:

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
And it sounds corny and cheesey - but I want to see my 2 children have their own children so I can be a grandma! :D

Sue x :love:

AAAAAGGGGHHHH, NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm dreading that one!! It means, it means... well it means, I'd be old!!! no, I dont want to sit in a rocking chair knitting!!

Jo xxx

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
AAAAAGGGGHHHH, NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm dreading that one!! It means, it means... well it means, I'd be old!!! no, I dont want to sit in a rocking chair knitting!!

Jo xxx
No no no no .... its not about being a grandma and therefore being old :D... for me its just one huge thing I hope to achieve before I die! How fantastic to see and touch the results of your own babies babies ?? ...... what an achievement! Im still staggered sometimes when I realise what I helped to create by having my two :love:

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
No no no no .... its not about being a grandma and therefore being old :D... for me its just one huge thing I hope to achieve before I die! How fantastic to see and touch the results of your own babies babies ?? ...... what an achievement! Im still staggered sometimes when I realise what I helped to create by having my two :love:

I'm always facinated when I look at my brood that I made em! When I had my first, I was 19 and still a baby myself, but all my kids have turned out to be wonderful, happy and well adjusted, even Chloe (sorry, family joke!!)!!. That almost surprises me that I was capable of doing that?????

All this wanting to be a career person and do well in life counts for nothing, IMO the most important and satisfiying job ever is bringing up the next generation. being a mum is so important and something to be proud of!

Jo xx

·
Registered
1,059 Posts

Jo xxx
Hey!! I taught my grandaughter to do handstands up the wall. :eek: Thats when I used to swim 1/2 a mile on my way to work every morning! Couldn't do it now tho'...lol.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey!! I taught my grandaughter to do handstands up the wall. :eek: Thats when I used to swim 1/2 a mile on my way to work every morning! Couldn't do it now tho'...lol.
Thank God for handstands up the wall. They gave me many a happy memory when I was at school.:p

Anyway back to the list how about some of these

1. Run away for a day and join the circus.
2. Take a trip on the Orient Express.
3. Walk on water.
4. Build a tree fort with all the accessories.
5. Write a letter to everyone whom I love.
6. Visit the North Pole and see Santa's workshop.
7. Name a star.
8. Spend a whole day naked
9. Sleep under the stars
10. Compose a song.

Not all mine but not all bad

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
OK. here goes.

1. Pack up smoking again. (going back on the vaporizer when it comes)!
2. My kids will be happy forever. (A wish really)
3. To live again in Turkey.
4. To sail the world until I'm fed up!
5 Visit Melbourn where I was bought up.
6 To become fit again (that will start when the holiday makers have gone this W/E, in the pool!
7 To loose 3 stone. (Connected to above).
8. To become a great granny. (Only about 5 years off now):eek:
9. Have another go at windsurfing. (Failed miserably before!!!)
10. Have enough clothes in my wardrobe so that I can say "what shall I wear today: rather than "what can I wear today"....lol!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Oh! Forgot one!!!

11. Win millions in the lottery so I can make sure my kids and friends will be OK and I can do ALL of the above!!:cheer2::cheer2:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.